Post six of thirty in November..

Not all young parents are bad parents. Not all older parents are good parents. Gay parents do not make bad parents nor do all straight people make good parents. The judgements people make on families based on sexual orientation or the fact that the parents are young just makes me sad. This post is talking about young parents because it's what was said today to my daughter that triggered this post. My daughter is a young parent. Not the youngest parent I know. She was over the age of 18 when she got pregnant and over the age of 19 when she had her daughter. Not that either of those ages make a difference.I'm simply talking about her situation. She and the father are raising the child, not my husband and I. Hell they even ask if we can watch the baby when they go to the bathroom. Not that they go together but I think you can get my meaning. They are excellent, loving parents who are raising their daughter with love and committment. Their daughter does not need for a thing. She may want for things, don't we all, but not everything she wants is given to her. But she needs for nothing.  She is smart, happy and well cared for. She loves to color and sing. She dances with joy and gets us all to join in.

Someone at my work today asked my daughter if she went to school.  My daughter replied no I don't. So the person  looked at her and said, oh so you play house all day? My daughter was taken aback by that remark. It's probably a good thing I did not hear it while I was at work. Good for us all I'd say. Play house all day?  Really? She's a stay at home mother who spends her entire day with her 21 month old daughter. Being a stay at home Mom is not easy, I know, I did it for years. I also did the work away from home Mom thing as well. Being a Mom, no matter how you spend your day is not easy. Sacrifices are made on all fronts. My daughter breast fed exclusively. She was like a giant milk jug or so it seemed, constantly available. She blew me away with her committment to breast feeding on the whole. To see her with her daughter and the patience that she has just blows me away, seriously. I don't know where it comes from. For someone to call it "playing" anything just belittles all that she has done and all that she continues to do.

I wasn't going to mention this but the woman is childfree by choice. Just like there are Mom's out there who tell child-free by choice women that they'll never know the joy of being a woman unless they give birth which is just ridiculous, there are also child-free by choice women making just as ridiculous comments. Why can't we all just get along and keep our snarky comments to our damn selves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat