Post fourteen of Thirty in November..
Happy Birthday to my intelligent, amazing, beautiful 21 year old daughter. Where does time go? It seems like only yesterday I was in Auntie Pammy's bathroom when the positive test results came up on the pregnancy test Nana got for me. POSITIVE. Auntie Pammy made me spinach and made me drink a glass of milk. Then she proceeded to break out all kinds of baby clothes. They say it's bad luck to get baby clothes too early. They say a lot of things. They were wrong. Dad and I went home to our house on Canterbury Street and took the second pregnancy test that came in the package. It was instantly positive. We laughed and we cried. We were so nervous and excited. It was an amazing day. For the next year, okay it felt like a year,I thought about you every day. About the person you would be, what you would look like. The most amazing day is the day you were born. You were so beautiful. Okay first impression was that you were a screaming pumpkin. In my defense I was pretty drugged up and you were all orange. But you were a perfect screaming pumpkin.
Over the years, and there have been 21 of them, you have never ceased to amaze me. I remember when you were 7 or 8 and a doe came right up to you when you were sitting on the rock outside. I mean came right up to you. A wild doe. You could reach out and pat her. You always had a gentle way and animals notice that. You were one of the best frog catchers I have ever met. I swear they'd jump right in to your arms. Nothing scared you nature wise. Spiders, bees, crickets, frogs, toads and lizards were all your friend. I can't believe the things you brought home. The cutest is when you were picking up every worm as we walked through the parking lot on your way to school during the rain because you didn't want them to get run over. Worms, who notices worms? You do! Your cats have always been your best friends. You could dress them in clothes, lay on them, terrorize them and they loved you.
Now you stand before me, a mother. A mother? Where does time go? I only just became your mother, how can you already be one? A woman, a woman who could conquer the world if she chose. When you set your mind to something, things get done. I am so proud to be your mother. I am so proud to be allowed to love you and have you in my life. Last night at the mall, just the two of us, is one of the best memories I carry with me now. I saw the self assured, confident woman you've become. Good show my daughter, my Princess, my heart!
Over the years, and there have been 21 of them, you have never ceased to amaze me. I remember when you were 7 or 8 and a doe came right up to you when you were sitting on the rock outside. I mean came right up to you. A wild doe. You could reach out and pat her. You always had a gentle way and animals notice that. You were one of the best frog catchers I have ever met. I swear they'd jump right in to your arms. Nothing scared you nature wise. Spiders, bees, crickets, frogs, toads and lizards were all your friend. I can't believe the things you brought home. The cutest is when you were picking up every worm as we walked through the parking lot on your way to school during the rain because you didn't want them to get run over. Worms, who notices worms? You do! Your cats have always been your best friends. You could dress them in clothes, lay on them, terrorize them and they loved you.
Now you stand before me, a mother. A mother? Where does time go? I only just became your mother, how can you already be one? A woman, a woman who could conquer the world if she chose. When you set your mind to something, things get done. I am so proud to be your mother. I am so proud to be allowed to love you and have you in my life. Last night at the mall, just the two of us, is one of the best memories I carry with me now. I saw the self assured, confident woman you've become. Good show my daughter, my Princess, my heart!
Comments