Paul's Mother is back....
Ladies and Gentlemen, the lady that I grew up with, the raging face of insanity has returned. Sadly HJ was on the phone with her and heard it. She handed me the phone with shock in her face. She had almost forgotten that Nana. Almost, but not quite.
I'm sorry my baby girl that you had to hear that. I am even more saddened that my great nephew was the one receiving the brunt of that. I am sorry that no one was there for him, protecting him. Luckily, where he is not yet two, maybe he won't remember it. I did keep her on the phone will I tried to contact others on my cellphone. Tried to keep her calm and stop her from doing worse than the verbal abuse.
Paul's mother, may I remind you that when you are talking to a child that is 20 months old, calling him a little fucking bastard is not going to get him to do what you want. Also, screaming joyfully when he touched the hot pot on the stove and screaming, "good I hope it hurt you little bastard. I told you to get the fuck out of there", is not going to help keep him safe. Screaming at him like that when I am so far away and unable to get there to him made me feel almost as powerless as I did as a child. But I'm not powerless any more. Nopers.
What really sucks is that I now I have to tell his father about you and your behavior with him which will probably cause all your visits with him to cease, not a bad thing for him, he needs to be kept safe from you. But you may lose that connection with your grandchild. Is what happened with your other great grandchildren? Were you caught talking to them like that?
I am so much better than my parents before me, my children will be so much better than I was, this is my legacy, what will yours be?
I'm sorry my baby girl that you had to hear that. I am even more saddened that my great nephew was the one receiving the brunt of that. I am sorry that no one was there for him, protecting him. Luckily, where he is not yet two, maybe he won't remember it. I did keep her on the phone will I tried to contact others on my cellphone. Tried to keep her calm and stop her from doing worse than the verbal abuse.
Paul's mother, may I remind you that when you are talking to a child that is 20 months old, calling him a little fucking bastard is not going to get him to do what you want. Also, screaming joyfully when he touched the hot pot on the stove and screaming, "good I hope it hurt you little bastard. I told you to get the fuck out of there", is not going to help keep him safe. Screaming at him like that when I am so far away and unable to get there to him made me feel almost as powerless as I did as a child. But I'm not powerless any more. Nopers.
What really sucks is that I now I have to tell his father about you and your behavior with him which will probably cause all your visits with him to cease, not a bad thing for him, he needs to be kept safe from you. But you may lose that connection with your grandchild. Is what happened with your other great grandchildren? Were you caught talking to them like that?
I am so much better than my parents before me, my children will be so much better than I was, this is my legacy, what will yours be?
Comments
"I am so much better than my parents before me" - doesn't that make you feel great?
You could take it to the bank she would not be entrusted with the care of a child post this. Scary stuff.
*hugs*
nelle
Denise: Thanks, didn't ruin my birthday though, nopers. She has no power here!
Vanda: Thanks, I needed that.
Nelle: You are SO not kidding.