Yankee swap at work.. argh

Today we had a really great time at the Yankee Swap at my work. But can we have a good time? NEVER! We then had a meeting, mandatory inservice for all staff. The first shift was there, the second shift was there, laundry, kitchen etc. However, when bells on the floor rang, the first shift was the only shift to answer them. What absolutely kills me is that the second shift was closer to the hallway and could hear it. What pissed me off is they sat there and ignored them. Infact, I told two second shift members that were sitting at the nurses station that they and I were the only ones on the floor, as a bell was ringing. They walked off the floor and went to the meeting that they didn’t even know was happening until I opened my stupid mouth. But, they left the floor with a bell ringing and didn’t even look back. I was already involved with a resident or I could have answered it.
What really got me pissed is when I was told that because we had the Yankee Swap for 70 minutes or whatever during the work day, it was up to us to answer the bells or at least that’s what would be said.We answered bells during that time and had residents in with us, But umm every day the second shift spends from 3-5 and from 9-11 watching TV. Third shift also has hours to sit and watch television, but 7-3 never does. However, apparently having a Yankee Swap during the day ONE day a year makes up for the rest of the year where they get away with just short of murder.
Im sorry but they have birthday parties, chinese food parties and other parties all the time. They even have their own Christmas parties. They play cards and color in coloring books during their shifts. They walk the hallways with their cell phones but somehow one fucking Yankee Swap for 7-3 entitles the other shifts to fuck off the whole rest of the year? Does this make sense to anyone? Why should any of that matter? They were on the clock just like the rest of us, doesn’t that mean they could and should have taken turns answering bells??? Common sense would say yes, but apparently I’m just ignorant.
Im not saying they should have answered all the bells, but just one would have been fucking nice. I am seriously considering switching shifts or maybe quitting altogether. Im am so done with the double standard bullshit!Then I come home to my house trashed, smelling of cat shit and everyone just laying around the house. Hmm must be nice. I get to work all day then come home and clean, cook supper and the general joys or life. When my husband worked all he did was work and drive the van. I want that!!!Well I feel better now, now I’ll only have to kick one person instead of an entire family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat