Waiting for a return call...
When people say ya’ll ain’t gonna believe this shit, usually it’s a tall tale. I am saying, ya’ll ain’t gonna believe this shit, it is not a tall tale.I am sitting on my computer starting to play video poker with my “old people”. It’s what my hubby calls them. They range in age from 52 to 80. They are some of the funniest people on line ever when I got an IM.
I looked at the IM and it said, Im sorry. Please tell HJ Im sorry. I wrote back sorry for what? He said Auntie I am sorry. I said for what? He said for what Im about to do? I said what’s that, he said kill myself and shut down the IM. Well, I have no phone number for this kid or his parents. He is 23 or 24 but to me, he is still a kid, he will always be a kid. So now comes the dilemma. What do I do? Do I further involve family members or involve more people, do I take his threat seriously? Is it simply a cry for help? Or is it simply someone attention seeking. I can’t call the police because I only know his name, not his address. I don’t even know his phone number. I’ve just recently started talking to him after an abscence of about 10 years. So I really don’t know him, I remember the younger boy, the shy quiet boy.
But I don’t know the man he has become. I know nothing but what he shares in his IM’s with me. So, what do I say? I am in one state he is another. I can’t drive over and in the amount of time it would take for me to drive down, lives would forever be altered if not ended. I am at least an hour and a half away. So here I sit, in the abyss having no idea what to do, what to say. I have made the phone calls, I have involved all the right people. His parents have been reached and now I just sit back and wait. Does this shit only happen to me? And why??????????????? They say my reward will be waiting for me in Heaven, Im hoping it’s some peace and quiet, I could use it!
I looked at the IM and it said, Im sorry. Please tell HJ Im sorry. I wrote back sorry for what? He said Auntie I am sorry. I said for what? He said for what Im about to do? I said what’s that, he said kill myself and shut down the IM. Well, I have no phone number for this kid or his parents. He is 23 or 24 but to me, he is still a kid, he will always be a kid. So now comes the dilemma. What do I do? Do I further involve family members or involve more people, do I take his threat seriously? Is it simply a cry for help? Or is it simply someone attention seeking. I can’t call the police because I only know his name, not his address. I don’t even know his phone number. I’ve just recently started talking to him after an abscence of about 10 years. So I really don’t know him, I remember the younger boy, the shy quiet boy.
But I don’t know the man he has become. I know nothing but what he shares in his IM’s with me. So, what do I say? I am in one state he is another. I can’t drive over and in the amount of time it would take for me to drive down, lives would forever be altered if not ended. I am at least an hour and a half away. So here I sit, in the abyss having no idea what to do, what to say. I have made the phone calls, I have involved all the right people. His parents have been reached and now I just sit back and wait. Does this shit only happen to me? And why??????????????? They say my reward will be waiting for me in Heaven, Im hoping it’s some peace and quiet, I could use it!
Comments