We saw the doctor..

I have to be honest here, the best part about Rob's disability is definitely the parking spaces. The downside though is when you arrive at the doctors and can't find a parking space in the handicap lot and Rob is starting to panic because he's going to be late, so you say, go up to the doctors and I'll find a parking space around here for you and then join you up there. He smiles and thanks you, because he's all nice like that. Then you get in to the drivers seat, move the seat up so your stubby little legs can reach the pedals and you drive around looking for a parking space. I find the parking space, which also happens to be handicap, not the parking space per say but it's for those that are handicap, I don't think a parking space itself could be handicap.

I pull in to the parking space and then realize, I don't know where he put the placard. I have to look around the car, you have to see the looks I am getting from people that are walking by. Here I am parked in a spot with no placard to be seen looking around in my truck like I'm on a treasure hunt. But those looks were not even close to the looks I got when I found the placard, put it on his rear view mirror and jumped from the truck. Then I proceeded to jog across the street to the doctors building. The looks I got were just so friendly and loving, NOT.

I'm telling you right now, with all the crap going on in our lives, he's lucky he's cute and has a handicap placard, otherwise, I might have to kick him to the curb. It's all about the parking.

Finally, we saw the doctor and he looked at us too. Yes, it has indeed progressed in to his back and spine. No we don't have to move right away. If Rob is comfortable with how things are going here, we can stay. You don't want to change everything up and all that. Which is good because we all know how we react to change, not good.

Comments

Vanda said…
That truly sucks! {{{{{{{EM}}}}}}}
Anonymous said…
Thanks (((Vanda))) Much appreciated.