Hug this...

This girl at work is standing in the charting room and I go in to do my books and she puts her arms out for a hug. I said what are you doing? She said I want a hug? I said why, she said because I feel like giving out free hugs. I said ahh yes well I don’t do hugs. She looked at me like I had just stabbed her with a fork in the head. It’s as if she could read my thoughts. If I had a fork, I would have considered it. Then she pursed her lips for a kiss, let me tell you, in the great world of Em, you are much more likely to get a hug from me than you are a kiss, by a mile. Which led me to wonder, what made her assume I was a huggy type person? Is it because I laugh so much at work? Is it because I’m giggly and silly while at work? Well a person can be happy and not like hugs.
Why don’t I like hugs? Well they’re a space invasion. No, not the video game, I mean they come up in to your personal space. There’s a reason it’s called personal. I was going to say if my husband or kids want a hug I’m always available but that’s not true either. When I’m anxious or overwhelmed and they try to hug me, I find myself doing the quick hug and run. Where you don’t really invest anything. At that time it makes me feel like I’m being suffocated. Which as I’m thinking about it, makes me kind of shit heel. Maybe there is more involved in a hug for me than I realized, which may be why that girl at work didn’t get one. Or maybe it’s because I just don’t like her!
I just asked DMan and he said, Mom you give great hugs! I love that kid. R piped up with, your hugs rock. Hmm think I’ll keep him too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..