I'm cooking a turkey in the snow..



Okay, I'm not actually cooking the turkey in the snow. I am cooking turkey in the oven while it is snowing out. Snow is usually very cold, in fact I believe it is always cold. It is not always white because well to be honest, things happen!!

I am baking a turkey in my oven in an enamel pan. I would have liked to have started the turkey much earlier today than I did,. Up too late to start it as early as I'd have liked.

Okay back to the snow. It's snowing out. WOOHOO!! It look absolutely beautiful out there. Clean and new. i love the first good snow of the season. I also love snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, however by mid January I am all set with snow. Kind of like my Christmas tree, I could set it up now and have it up for a month with no worries. But as SOON as the presents are opened Im ready to rip that tree down and throw it away. On a yearly basis I cut the lights off the tree and throw them away. I have no patience to stand there and take all the lights off, especially the way R puts them on the tree.

Today Thanksgiving will be celebrated with my husband R, our two children, HJ and D. We will also being putting out turkey and giblets cat food while we eat for our four cats so we'll all eat together. I am thankful for my family, that we will be able to spend another Thanksgiving together surrounded by love and cat fur.

My sis P is spending Thanksgiving with her boyfriend and his family. Paul's mother is spending it at home with my nephew J. My brother Paul is working, but his loved ones will be saving his meal for when he gets home.

Menu: Roasted Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans with almond slices, and fresh baked breads. Condiments such as olives (green and black), kosher dill pickles and cranberry sauce. For dessert we will have pumpkin pie and apple pie, with vanilla ice cream and whip cream in a can.

Today we are watching Miracle on 34th Street and tonight we will follow it up by my favorite holiday movie, The Ref!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat