Happy 16th Birthday

Sixteen years ago my beautiful baby daughter entered this world. She was born at 8:55 on a Tuesday morning by an emergeny C section. I wish I could have been awake for it, but after knocking out a doctor, they felt it best to knock me out, in a nicer fashion with a mask, they said take a deep breath and I kept yelling no I’m going HOME and then of course when I ran out of air I had to take a deep breath in and next thing I know I was waking up asking about my incision. Some how I had transported myself back to my gallbladder surgery and was wondering why the incision was so low on my stomach. The nurse in recovery was looking at me like I was a horrible person. I couldn’t figure out why. Then it hit me, I just had a baby. I remembered them trying to wake me up so I could see her, but all I saw was a bright orange face screaming at me. Apparently that was my baby girl. In fact it’s the reason her daddy started calling her Pumpkin. She was in an incubator and looked like sleeping beauty so her Dad’s parents started calling her princess. She is still a princess.

It was almost a full day before I got to see her, she was in NICU and I was flat on my back because they wouldn’t let me move until 24 hours after a c-section. They brought her down for me to see and hold and I fell madly in love with my Princess. With her crazy hair and beautiful blue eyes.

She went through so much the first few days of her life, major testing including a spinal. She was fed by a nasal gastric tube. She had an IV in her head and bloodied feet from all the blood work they did. She had more procedures in the first week of her life then most people have their entire lives. She was so good through it all. She slept almost constantly, which she later made up for by not sleeping at all for years. I can not tell you how much this baby girl was wanted. I can not even explain how wonderful it was when she made her appearance. She was loved by so many before she even took her first breath and continues to be loved.

She does not realize how truly beautiful and gifted she is, I wish as a gift to her, I could allow her for one day to see herself how we see her.

I love you baby girl, you are amazing and beautiful. You are caring, gentle and creative. You are intelligent with amazing problem solving skills. But most of all, you are you, and we wouldn’t change on thing about you!
Love with all my heart, Mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..