My daughter was teaching me a lesson tonight
My daughter was teaching me a lesson tonight. She is too damn funny for words. But I’m going to try to put my sixteen year old daughters actions into words. We had to go do laundry tonight. Now laundry has to be done at a laundry mat because we aren’t allowed washers or dryers here. Stupid rules in my stupid apartment building. They’re stupid rules written by stupid people. I shall write about their stupid rules one of these days.
We filled up the van with our six hundred bags of laundry and headed on our way. We got to go to the big city to do our laundry. We drive up to the laundry mat and it looks packed so my daughter decides we are not doing laundry. Well since this is a dictarship and not a democracy, I decided we would still do laundry. Well she decided she was going to teach me a lesson. I carried all the bags of laundry into the laundry mat. I then loaded all the dirty clothes in to the washers and put all the quarters in and all that joy. Then I took them all out and put them all in the dryers. In the meantime, she sat in the van and stewed over how angry she was at me. She was showing me. I’m assuming she’s showing me that I should not have gone to the laundry mat when she assumed it was packed.
It was 28 degrees out there and of course no heat in the van. I was in the nice warm laundry mat doing the laundry. I almost said my laundry, but it’s not all mine. They seem to think it’s all mine but it’s not. I know it’s not because I don’t wear thong underwear or g-strings. I also don’t wear mens small underwear, I wear mens medium.
After two hours and the laundry almost being done she comes in, not feeling well at all. Apparently sitting in the van for two hours in the freezing cold made her sick. Her throat, head and nose hurt. I asked her why she didn’t come in, she said because I was trying to teach you a lesson. I said do you think I learned it? She said well I certainly hope so, because I hate to be this sick for no reason. I said why are you teaching me a lesson? She said I have no idea. But you had better learn it.
In the end, I didn’t learn a lesson and she’s in bed early sick. Hmmm but the laundry is done and my daughter is crazy. I don’t know where she gets this from.
We filled up the van with our six hundred bags of laundry and headed on our way. We got to go to the big city to do our laundry. We drive up to the laundry mat and it looks packed so my daughter decides we are not doing laundry. Well since this is a dictarship and not a democracy, I decided we would still do laundry. Well she decided she was going to teach me a lesson. I carried all the bags of laundry into the laundry mat. I then loaded all the dirty clothes in to the washers and put all the quarters in and all that joy. Then I took them all out and put them all in the dryers. In the meantime, she sat in the van and stewed over how angry she was at me. She was showing me. I’m assuming she’s showing me that I should not have gone to the laundry mat when she assumed it was packed.
It was 28 degrees out there and of course no heat in the van. I was in the nice warm laundry mat doing the laundry. I almost said my laundry, but it’s not all mine. They seem to think it’s all mine but it’s not. I know it’s not because I don’t wear thong underwear or g-strings. I also don’t wear mens small underwear, I wear mens medium.
After two hours and the laundry almost being done she comes in, not feeling well at all. Apparently sitting in the van for two hours in the freezing cold made her sick. Her throat, head and nose hurt. I asked her why she didn’t come in, she said because I was trying to teach you a lesson. I said do you think I learned it? She said well I certainly hope so, because I hate to be this sick for no reason. I said why are you teaching me a lesson? She said I have no idea. But you had better learn it.
In the end, I didn’t learn a lesson and she’s in bed early sick. Hmmm but the laundry is done and my daughter is crazy. I don’t know where she gets this from.
Comments