Dora the explorer has a brother???????
I do not like Dora the Explorer. The show itself is fine, the concept is fine. I even like the bi-lingual aspect of the show. I think it’s a great idea.
However, the voice they use is not fine. In fact the voice the use grates on me. It goes right through me!! I don’t know if it’s the pitch or the sound system they use or what it is, but it is horrible. I cringe when I hear Dora. She is adorable, but her voice makes my eyes bleed.
Now she has a brother? Or at least a twin type show called Go Diego Go and whatever they did to Dora, they’re doing to Diego’s voice. Again, the show itself is fine, the concept is fine. I love the bi-lingual aspect and what I love even more is the fact that it’s a Dora show with a male role for those children among us that would enjoy a boy character more for whatever reason. However, the voice of Diego is a male version of Dora and is just WRONG!!!!! Now there is a boy voice that goes right through me.
All I can say is, thank goodness to all that is good in this world for my children being teenagers and no longing watching the Nick Jr. shows. I love Little Bill, Little Bear is my favorite, then comes Blue Clue’s with Steve only, not that Joe isn’t a nice guy, but I really don’t like him. I love Seasame Street, my favorite character was Oscar the Grouch until Elmo came along.
But for some reason, Diego and Dora voices are just wrong. They’re sharp and just wrong. I can’t even explain what they do to my delicate ears. It’s just all wrong.
However, the voice they use is not fine. In fact the voice the use grates on me. It goes right through me!! I don’t know if it’s the pitch or the sound system they use or what it is, but it is horrible. I cringe when I hear Dora. She is adorable, but her voice makes my eyes bleed.
Now she has a brother? Or at least a twin type show called Go Diego Go and whatever they did to Dora, they’re doing to Diego’s voice. Again, the show itself is fine, the concept is fine. I love the bi-lingual aspect and what I love even more is the fact that it’s a Dora show with a male role for those children among us that would enjoy a boy character more for whatever reason. However, the voice of Diego is a male version of Dora and is just WRONG!!!!! Now there is a boy voice that goes right through me.
All I can say is, thank goodness to all that is good in this world for my children being teenagers and no longing watching the Nick Jr. shows. I love Little Bill, Little Bear is my favorite, then comes Blue Clue’s with Steve only, not that Joe isn’t a nice guy, but I really don’t like him. I love Seasame Street, my favorite character was Oscar the Grouch until Elmo came along.
But for some reason, Diego and Dora voices are just wrong. They’re sharp and just wrong. I can’t even explain what they do to my delicate ears. It’s just all wrong.
Comments