You just need to find your clutch..
I swear if I hear that one more time I’ll explode. Yes, I took possession of my new car, got it registered in my name and now I am driving it. (A big thanks to Staff Sergeant Johnson, Air Force Recruiter for finding the title and paycheck and making sure I got them back. I wish you’d have let me buy you lunch.) Yes it is a standard and yes I am showing improvement with driving it. In fact, I took it in to the big city for my dentist appointment last night. Yes I stalled at the red light, on the off ramp which it just so happens is on a hill, in the upwardly direction, with cars behind me and I lived to tell the tale. No I don’t need anyone to explain to me why I stalled, no I don’t need anyone to tell me how to find my clutch. I know where the clutch is, it’s what my feet are doing that’s the damn problem. Apparently if you let off the clutch and you’re not moving forward it stalls. That’s what someone should have told me. Or maybe I should have figured it out after the first fifty times it happened. Okay maybe I’m exaggerating a little, or a lot. I made it all the way home no stalling.
I appreciate Pattycakes and R both taking me out and helping me discover the way to find my clutch. Anyone volunteering your advice on driving a standard, when no one asked you, shush. Yes, I just shushed you. Why? Because you’re not helping. What will help is time and practice. There is nothing more for me to be taught oh Clutch Master, either the Clutch will be with me or it won’t. I will either find my clutch or I won’t.
For those of you willing to share your stories about learning to drive a standard, share away. I love hearing the stories of how you stalled or rolled backwards down a hill. I’m there for you. When someone tells me they’re going to learn to drive a standard, I’m not going to tell them to find their clutch, I’m going to tell them about how I stalled on the way to the dentist or how I spent what seemed like forever at a stop sign trying to go before my friend told me I was in third gear, but they’ll never hear from me, you just need to find your clutch
I appreciate Pattycakes and R both taking me out and helping me discover the way to find my clutch. Anyone volunteering your advice on driving a standard, when no one asked you, shush. Yes, I just shushed you. Why? Because you’re not helping. What will help is time and practice. There is nothing more for me to be taught oh Clutch Master, either the Clutch will be with me or it won’t. I will either find my clutch or I won’t.
For those of you willing to share your stories about learning to drive a standard, share away. I love hearing the stories of how you stalled or rolled backwards down a hill. I’m there for you. When someone tells me they’re going to learn to drive a standard, I’m not going to tell them to find their clutch, I’m going to tell them about how I stalled on the way to the dentist or how I spent what seemed like forever at a stop sign trying to go before my friend told me I was in third gear, but they’ll never hear from me, you just need to find your clutch
Comments