Here I am...
Here I am, wide awake at the ass crack of dawn. I’ve been up since 6 AM because someone in this house set their alarm clock for 6 AM. I can tell you that person was not me. I can tell you the person it was, is still sleeping in bed. Revenge is being plotted, escape route plans are being made, alibis will be requested. 6 AM on a Sunday morning when I have the weekend off. That man is just crazy.
Here’s a little background on my sleeping habits. My husband, whom I love dearly and I’m writing that for my benefit not yours, does not sleep well. In fact, he is up and down all night long. The way our bed is set up, said husband has to climb across me each and every time he either gets up or goes back to bed. Apparently the morphine he is on is not conducive to sleeping, which one would think it is. But it’s not, in fact more often than not it causes sleeplessness. (also causes agitation and constipation-I added that because it’s true and it makes me laugh.) Anyways, he is up and down all night. Which means I am awaken numerous times during the night. I can’t sleep through him climbing across me both ways. Sometimes I can sleep through one way, but never both. It is annoying for me so I can only imagine what it is like for him. I lose a lot of sleep from this and the sleep I do get is interrupted. So I nap after work sometimes (most days whether I want to or not) and I sleep more on the weekends.
I get to sleep more on the weekends because he usually gets up and heads out to the living room to watch TV around 5-8 AM, then I get to sleep, uninterrupted until I wake up myself mid afternoon. Nothing is nicer than 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. He doesn’t climb back and forth across me to get anything from his side of the bed during that time and the kids being older now leave me alone and let me get that sleep that I so crave.
I’ve heard ideas of toss him out of bed, make him sleep on the couch, but that’s not the answer for us. When he snores sometimes I think smothering him might be the answer, but not having him next to me is not the answer for us. Not yet anyway.
Here I sit, wide awake but not wanting to wake any one else up. Why? Because to be honest, this couple hours of quiet time in my house is almost as good as sleeping. Not quite, but almost
Here’s a little background on my sleeping habits. My husband, whom I love dearly and I’m writing that for my benefit not yours, does not sleep well. In fact, he is up and down all night long. The way our bed is set up, said husband has to climb across me each and every time he either gets up or goes back to bed. Apparently the morphine he is on is not conducive to sleeping, which one would think it is. But it’s not, in fact more often than not it causes sleeplessness. (also causes agitation and constipation-I added that because it’s true and it makes me laugh.) Anyways, he is up and down all night. Which means I am awaken numerous times during the night. I can’t sleep through him climbing across me both ways. Sometimes I can sleep through one way, but never both. It is annoying for me so I can only imagine what it is like for him. I lose a lot of sleep from this and the sleep I do get is interrupted. So I nap after work sometimes (most days whether I want to or not) and I sleep more on the weekends.
I get to sleep more on the weekends because he usually gets up and heads out to the living room to watch TV around 5-8 AM, then I get to sleep, uninterrupted until I wake up myself mid afternoon. Nothing is nicer than 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. He doesn’t climb back and forth across me to get anything from his side of the bed during that time and the kids being older now leave me alone and let me get that sleep that I so crave.
I’ve heard ideas of toss him out of bed, make him sleep on the couch, but that’s not the answer for us. When he snores sometimes I think smothering him might be the answer, but not having him next to me is not the answer for us. Not yet anyway.
Here I sit, wide awake but not wanting to wake any one else up. Why? Because to be honest, this couple hours of quiet time in my house is almost as good as sleeping. Not quite, but almost
Comments