Is our family unconventional?

Why do I ask this? Because it seems we are not the norm, whatever the hell that is, but we’re definitely not it. The reason I toss this out there is simple, I’m curious and since this is the place where I work things out for myself, at times, I figured I’d put it out there.
There’s a commercial/PSA that comes on about telling you to talk to your kids about not smoking. I never waste that opportunity to shout for HJ. She comes in the room, not knowing what to expect, which is actually pretty smart on her part. I look at her very seriously and say, Don’t smoke. She yells is that stupid commercial on again? It may be okay if I did it once, but I do it every time the commercial is on. It never loses it appeal to me. Then she’ll say you know you do have two kids. I say okay, tell him not to smoke for me okay? What’s even funnier is when I miss the commercial and she comes out to find me to tell me, hey mom, I’m not smoking. *Sigh* I am just so proud.
When they do the weekly checks of the emergency broadcast system I call for D. He comes in, smirking. I say this isn’t really an emergency, but if it was, what would you do? He looks at me and waits. I say you’d stay tuned to this channel for further instructions wouldn’t you? He smiles and leaves the room. I think being prepared for disaster is very important.
Tonight, I was sitting on the toilet, as I sometimes do, and found an ad on the bathroom floor for home depot that says now is the time to buy your lumber. It’s 12:15 AM, seems it’s the perfect time to me. It’s in writing so it must be true. I go find R who is on the porch smoking a cigarette. I’m wearing an A shirt and a pair of undies. I say quick, put on your pants, I’ll find a place for my wallet and we’re out of here. We have to go now. I toss the ad to him and say, it states now is the time to go get our lumber. He replies, it’s always now now now. Course we live in an apartment and don’t have a need for lumber, but you never know when you may need some.
*I’ll end this with a note to my neighbors, hey assholes, thanks for popping my punch balls and putting the remnants in my grill. I truly appreciate it. Thankfully it wasn’t a small child’s punch balls but an adults. You didn’t get to ruin a child’s day, I bet that saddens you. Thanks for moving the screen house by scrapping it along the ground. I hope some day I can return the favor by dragging something you’ve bought with your hard earned money along the dirty ground and hard tar. No, I didn’t buy it and it’s not mine but the person who threw the party did and she works hard for her money. All you had to do is be neighbourly and ask us to move it. We would have gladly moved it, safely and in one piece. Funny how four apartments had a nice gathering out front with no problems. Is it jealousy that caused you to act unneighbourly? Next time just come for the burger, we’ll flip ya one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..