Sometimes I take my kids for granted…

You know I know sometimes my children take me for granted. They think whatever happens Mom will fix it, glue it, make it better. When they’re sick, Mom knows just what to do. Tough homework, Mom knows just what to do. Need something to eat, see Mom she’ll know what to make. Sometimes I can’t do it all. Sometimes they really do take me for granted. But I’ve come to realize that sometimes, I take them for granted too.
I think that they’ll always be here, in the house, making their noises, playing their video games making messes. But they won’t always be here. They won’t always be here to drink all my diet pepsi, which drives me nuts. I keep hearing people say you’ll miss it, and I’d laugh. But I know they’re right.
The arguments, the fighting, the bickering, it will all be missed. The house filled with sounds of laughter, music and joy, it will be missed. The socks on the floor, the empty soda cans in the bedroom, all will be missed. I remember the magic marker or crayon on the wall, or the legos on the floor. Step on one of those suckers you’ll never forget it. Match box cars and criss cross crash, that was fun. We all played that. Candy land and Shutes and Ladders. Memory and Seasame Street Uno. Those games are no longer played. Or how about Cootie? That was a blast, creating the bugs. Then later came Monopoly and The Game of Life. Yahtzee was another very loved game. None of those are visited much any more. Where does time go?
Now days are consumed by video games, computer time and school. Soon work will come in to play too. Then driving, college and some day families of their own. Time flies that fast.
I am making an effort to not take my kids for granted, it started tonight by telling them both I love them. It will continue tomorrow when I leave them both notes in the morning. It will continue when we make Tuesday family game night. It will continue I hope for a very long time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..