Gadgets for the Kitchen
Tonight R and I went to WalMart for me to pick out my birthday gift. While R knows me very well and loves me very much, sometimes his gifts are a little off. Like I wanted a new keyboard for the computer and he got me a musical keyboard. Well he heard the keyboard part, that shows he was listening to me, sorta. Then there was last year, he hit a home run for Mother's Day when he got me a paper shredder. LOVED IT, but he also forgot to get me anything for my birthday until I told him he got me a bread maker. Now I can't find the posting I made on here about my bread maker but I still love it.
So tonight my handsome hubby helped me pick out my new toaster oven. I didn't have an old toaster oven as we've never owned one. But everyone at work talks about how much easier life is with one, especially in the summer. Your house doesn't heat up with a toaster oven like it does with the conventional oven. Well anything that can make my life easier and doesn't make me sweat in summer needs to be in my house. So far I like it. I made french fries followed by cheese quesadillas and then I ended the meal with hamburgers. I actually had fun cooking and the clean up was wicked easy.
Usually there's a rule that you don't buy each other home appliances for birthdays or Christmas, but if it's something the person wants, then it's okay to gift them with it. I wanted to stop at the store on the way home and buy a 12" pizza to see if it could truly fit. It's also supposed to make my kitchen more sophisticated. So I'm a classy chick.
My next gift I want:
Rob says it scares him, it has too much stuff up front. But personally, I think it's neat
I'd prefer it to be stainless steel and or black, but I'll take it however I can get it. Imagine all the jars, bottles and cans I could open? The fun I would have with this thing is immeasurable. You think shiny objects distract me and vending machines make me giggle, imagine what I could do with this!
So tonight my handsome hubby helped me pick out my new toaster oven. I didn't have an old toaster oven as we've never owned one. But everyone at work talks about how much easier life is with one, especially in the summer. Your house doesn't heat up with a toaster oven like it does with the conventional oven. Well anything that can make my life easier and doesn't make me sweat in summer needs to be in my house. So far I like it. I made french fries followed by cheese quesadillas and then I ended the meal with hamburgers. I actually had fun cooking and the clean up was wicked easy.Usually there's a rule that you don't buy each other home appliances for birthdays or Christmas, but if it's something the person wants, then it's okay to gift them with it. I wanted to stop at the store on the way home and buy a 12" pizza to see if it could truly fit. It's also supposed to make my kitchen more sophisticated. So I'm a classy chick.
My next gift I want:
Rob says it scares him, it has too much stuff up front. But personally, I think it's neatI'd prefer it to be stainless steel and or black, but I'll take it however I can get it. Imagine all the jars, bottles and cans I could open? The fun I would have with this thing is immeasurable. You think shiny objects distract me and vending machines make me giggle, imagine what I could do with this!
Comments