Paul's Mother, gimme some chocolate
Yesterday Paul's mother came for a bbq. I love Paul's mother, although some days I'm not sure why. Yesterday was one of those days when I was wondering why I love her. She looked at Nick and said," wow you've put on a ton of weight huh?" What was the need for her to say that??? I told her that Nick was sensitive about his weight gain and there really was no need for her to mention that. Then she said that she thought it looked good on him. But it was too late, you know? The dagger already cut, you can't take the wound back once it's opened.
Then she felt that she had lost weight so she wanted to weigh herself on my scale. I got on first to make sure it was accurate, it was, then she got on. She said "oh look at that, you weigh twice as much as I do. Which is fine, because it's just us. But oh no, she went upstairs when the apartment was full of people for the indoor bbq and informed everyone there that I weigh twice as much as she does, then proceeded to tell everyone how much she weighs. (Rob says it's funny she weighs half what I do because she's half the woman I am. See why I love him.)
I wonder where my poor self body image comes from. I wonder where my obsession about how fat I am comes from. Oh wait, could it be? Nah, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar right Freud?
Then she felt that she had lost weight so she wanted to weigh herself on my scale. I got on first to make sure it was accurate, it was, then she got on. She said "oh look at that, you weigh twice as much as I do. Which is fine, because it's just us. But oh no, she went upstairs when the apartment was full of people for the indoor bbq and informed everyone there that I weigh twice as much as she does, then proceeded to tell everyone how much she weighs. (Rob says it's funny she weighs half what I do because she's half the woman I am. See why I love him.)
I wonder where my poor self body image comes from. I wonder where my obsession about how fat I am comes from. Oh wait, could it be? Nah, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar right Freud?
Comments