Family- a good story
On my birthday, my Uncle called me and asked if I would go to his house on Father's Day for a family gathering of sorts. What is weird about this is I am never called. No seriously, usually they tell Paul's mother and she's supposed to let us all know but that never goes smoothly. He said," Hi this is Uncle Les". I was surprised he was calling me on my birthday. He said "I'm calling about a special occasion," I said oh you know it's my birthday. He paused for a minute, I'm sure looking like a deer caught in the headlights and said, "umm why yes, Yes I did, "with more assurance than he felt in his lie. We both knew he was lying, but it was a good one so we let it go. He explained he was turning 70 and for his birthday he wanted us to get together at his house for a barbecue. He changed the date to Father's Day so his brother Rich could be there too. If he had left it for next weekend I wouldn't have been able to go as I work next weekend.
The five siblings from the bottom of the stairs: Aunt S, Uncle Les, Paul's Mother, Uncle Rich and Aunt B. They're seated by age, shh don't tell them I told you.

The kids and I went and I have to say, we had a great time. The food was delicious, their new house is gorgeous and the atmosphere was fantastic. I have great memories growing up of my Aunt's and Uncle's. There aren't a lot of good memories growing up to be honest, so the ones I do have mean a lot to me. Yesterday was like old times. I felt comfortable in my own skin. I teased with my Uncle's and Aunt's, we joked and we hugged. They gushed over the children, about how big they are now, how gorgeous they are, what amazing human beings they are and it just reminded me of what I loved most about them. That unconditional love. It was also nice to connect with the cousins that were there, this day just hit the spot. Thank you Uncle Les for inviting me.
The five siblings from the bottom of the stairs: Aunt S, Uncle Les, Paul's Mother, Uncle Rich and Aunt B. They're seated by age, shh don't tell them I told you.

The kids and I went and I have to say, we had a great time. The food was delicious, their new house is gorgeous and the atmosphere was fantastic. I have great memories growing up of my Aunt's and Uncle's. There aren't a lot of good memories growing up to be honest, so the ones I do have mean a lot to me. Yesterday was like old times. I felt comfortable in my own skin. I teased with my Uncle's and Aunt's, we joked and we hugged. They gushed over the children, about how big they are now, how gorgeous they are, what amazing human beings they are and it just reminded me of what I loved most about them. That unconditional love. It was also nice to connect with the cousins that were there, this day just hit the spot. Thank you Uncle Les for inviting me.
Comments
I get the eggshell thingy, completely understand.