I love working in the nursing home..
While a co-worker was assisting a resident with getting dressed for the day she sneezed. The residents room called out," Esophagus!" Then giggled. As if realizing she said the wrong thing, but said it in the exact way you'd say God Bless You.
From now on, when someone sneezes, I will yell out esophagus and laugh my ass off.
*Edited to add: I talked to the woman's daughter today and she informed me that her 96 year old mother has been saying for years that Esophagus is Greek for God Bless You. Is that not the cutest thing ever? I think it is and will continue to use it in a tribute to her.
From now on, when someone sneezes, I will yell out esophagus and laugh my ass off.
*Edited to add: I talked to the woman's daughter today and she informed me that her 96 year old mother has been saying for years that Esophagus is Greek for God Bless You. Is that not the cutest thing ever? I think it is and will continue to use it in a tribute to her.
Comments