Mawwiage, what is Mawwiage

I've been married since the beginning of time. Seriously, since the beginning of time, it started out let there be light then it turned in to say I do. That's how it happened. I know that's how it happened because I was there. Okay so maybe nineteen years isn't since the beginning of time, but some days it feels like. Yes, the JOP who married us literally said mawwiage instead of marriage. Try keeping a straight face while that's going on. Okay I didn't notice it as much on my wedding day as I did when my sister got married by the same lady a year later.

I wouldn't change my life for any ones, I truly wouldn't. Bank accounts, now that's another story, I would so trade bank accounts with other people. Preferably ones with a positive balance with a whole bunch of zeros. I know money doesn't buy you happiness, but it would certainly ease the load.

Slipping away there, just a tad, let me get back to this. So I have been married to Rob since the beginning of time or nineteen years, whichever comes first. We have been together for twenty-one years. In those twenty-one years we have lived in three apartments and owned six vehicles, a Ford F-150, a Chevy Beretta, Plymouth Voyager, Nissan Pathfinder, Saturn SW2 and the Ford Escape and had two children.

Now one of those children, presumably the girl, is 8 weeks pregnant. Which means, we are Husband and Wife, Mother and Father and next year we will be Grandmother and Grandfather. I'm still amazed by this, absolutely amazed. It's nice to grow together, to grow old together. Just do me a favor, don't tell him I said that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You aren't serious?! The JOP actually said mawwiage? I thought that was only a line from the Princess Bride!! And too funny, I have a post labelled almost identically to yours.

See: http://urbanpanther.typepad.com/urban_panthers_lair/2008/04/index.html
Anonymous said…
Huh, okay, technical difficulties! URL got cut short. So, if you are interested, my mawwiage discussion is archived under April. Enjoy!!

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..