Fly away with me.

In 12 hours give or take, my princess, my baby girl, will be getting on her very first airplane. Now I know there are people who fly with their kids since birth, there are some who share custody and the child needs to fly to visit the parent(s). Some parents even let their young ones do this alone. I am not one of those parents and this is not one of those cases, in fact, she's not technically a child at all, but she will always be my child. See she turned 18 less than six months ago and now is an adult. An adult that can make her own decisions and chose her own destiny, something we've always encouraged, from the safety of our home. It seemed so easy to say, spread your wings and fly away when the flying was just in to her own toddler bed in her very own room. Where Mom and Dad could hear her cry out in the night if she was frightened or sick.

But now the whole spread your wings and fly means actually getting on an airplane and flying to another state. Yes I know, it's not even another country you can laugh at me, but again this is my blog so it's my story told my way.

You had to see her fathers face when I told him he would be bringing them to the airport. He about lost his shit where he sat. I said well it's either you take them to the airport or you take her for her surgery two days after she comes back, because I can't do both. To be honest, I'm not sure I could let her go on the airplane if I was there. I know this, so she'll swing by my work real quick on their way to the airport to get her see ya later kisses and hugs. I've already given Nick a note to give her on the airplane and one for her to give him.

But through all my anxiety, I know she'll be fine. I know she can do this. Deep down I know it's a great adventure for her. All new things to be seen and new people to meet. It's a good thing, I know this, especially getting to know the man she loves family. But it doesn't change the fact that I want to tuck her up under my wing, wrap my feathers tight around her and keep her safe for just a few more years. Would twenty more years be considered too many?

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..