“Mom?” The girl yells from my doorway as I sit on the phone trying to talk to PattyCake.
What, I answer frustrated that she suddenly needs to talk to me while I’m on the phone.
“Can I put my bed on the floor?”
No. Firmly but nicely.
“Please can I put my bed on the floor?”
No.
“Please let me put my bed on the floor?”
No.
“Pretty please with sugar on top?”
No.
“Let me put my bed on the floor,’cmon you know you want to.”
No
“Please, please, please, please?”
No, go away now please.
“Let me put my bed on the floor and I will go away.”
No and you’ll come back.
“No I won’t if you let me put my bed on the floor.”
How about you just go away?
“How about I just put my bed on the floor? Please, pretty please, let me put my bed on the floor”
No and if you ask me again, I shall put this crochet hook up nose, rip out my brain and slap it against the television screen.
“Then can I put my bed on the floor?”
Grrrrrrrrrrr
What, I answer frustrated that she suddenly needs to talk to me while I’m on the phone.
“Can I put my bed on the floor?”
No. Firmly but nicely.
“Please can I put my bed on the floor?”
No.
“Please let me put my bed on the floor?”
No.
“Pretty please with sugar on top?”
No.
“Let me put my bed on the floor,’cmon you know you want to.”
No
“Please, please, please, please?”
No, go away now please.
“Let me put my bed on the floor and I will go away.”
No and you’ll come back.
“No I won’t if you let me put my bed on the floor.”
How about you just go away?
“How about I just put my bed on the floor? Please, pretty please, let me put my bed on the floor”
No and if you ask me again, I shall put this crochet hook up nose, rip out my brain and slap it against the television screen.
“Then can I put my bed on the floor?”
Grrrrrrrrrrr