My friends First Date...
My friend has been with the same man for the past 11 years. The same man who may I say did not deserve my wonderful friend. She truly is an amazing woman. Tonight she is going out on her first date in 11 years. 11 YEARS. Ack, scary stuff right there. I get nervous just thinking about it. I won’t tell you how she felt about it. Nervous would be one description, course it would be like calling a hurricane a bit of wind. Course I can tease all I want, Im nervous for her. This is a big step in the right direction.
I said, my friend if he can’t see what I see, then he doesn’t deserve someone as wonderful as you. I mean it too. She is intelligent, neurotic, beautiful, nuturing, amazing, inventive, creative and my friend. If he doesn’t see her for the amazing person she is, it’s so his loss. So now I sit by the phone and await news on how it’s going.
I said to R, could you imagine starting over again? Dating again?He said no.I said seriously though, it would mean we were split up, God Forbid, or whatever and having to enter the dating world. I said we have love but we also have a level of comfort after all these years.He said yeah. Then he farted.I said did you just fart?He said yeah but just a little bit.I said see, that’s what we have, comfort.He said yeah, we can fart.I said that’s an example, but we have that comfort level. He said yeah, cause I don’t want to give up farting.
Yes ladies and gentlemen that is my husband and I so wouldn’t change a thing!
I said, my friend if he can’t see what I see, then he doesn’t deserve someone as wonderful as you. I mean it too. She is intelligent, neurotic, beautiful, nuturing, amazing, inventive, creative and my friend. If he doesn’t see her for the amazing person she is, it’s so his loss. So now I sit by the phone and await news on how it’s going.
I said to R, could you imagine starting over again? Dating again?He said no.I said seriously though, it would mean we were split up, God Forbid, or whatever and having to enter the dating world. I said we have love but we also have a level of comfort after all these years.He said yeah. Then he farted.I said did you just fart?He said yeah but just a little bit.I said see, that’s what we have, comfort.He said yeah, we can fart.I said that’s an example, but we have that comfort level. He said yeah, cause I don’t want to give up farting.
Yes ladies and gentlemen that is my husband and I so wouldn’t change a thing!
Comments