Random Rabies
I think weird random things. I have done this for as long as I can remember. However to see it as a trait passed on to my children worries me. Of course worrying is another trait I have that both kids have picked up.
Anyway, we went down to Paul’s mothers on Friday to visit with my niece Baby Boo before she leaves for Georgia. A Nor’easter hits while we are there visiting and a normal hour and a half tops drive turns in to a four and a half hour drive. We had plenty of time to enjoy each others company.
It was some of the nastiest driving conditions I have ever had the misfortune of driving in and lo and behold my son turns to me and says,” Are kittens born with rabies?” I said no, they’re not, why do you ask? “Well then why do they have to get the shots?” In case they are bitten by something that has rabies. “What about house cats? That never go outside” I guess they think there is a risk of them getting out and being bitten by something. “Oh”
Now why a Nor’easter snow storm with icing and spin outs would cause my son to think of a rabies vaccination is beyond me. But what’s worse… I knew right where he was coming from!
Anyway, we went down to Paul’s mothers on Friday to visit with my niece Baby Boo before she leaves for Georgia. A Nor’easter hits while we are there visiting and a normal hour and a half tops drive turns in to a four and a half hour drive. We had plenty of time to enjoy each others company.
It was some of the nastiest driving conditions I have ever had the misfortune of driving in and lo and behold my son turns to me and says,” Are kittens born with rabies?” I said no, they’re not, why do you ask? “Well then why do they have to get the shots?” In case they are bitten by something that has rabies. “What about house cats? That never go outside” I guess they think there is a risk of them getting out and being bitten by something. “Oh”
Now why a Nor’easter snow storm with icing and spin outs would cause my son to think of a rabies vaccination is beyond me. But what’s worse… I knew right where he was coming from!