Tubal ligation

I’m 38 years old. I am the mother of two children. A daughter 16 and a son 14. I love my children very much. However, lately I have wanted a baby. I mean that in all seriousness too. I had my tubes tied when my son was 5. So nine years ago I had my tubes tied. I knew then as I know now that I really can’t afford another child financially. I get the reason why I made the tubal ligation decision I really do. It was actually a decision my husband I made together and it was not made lightly. I’d have preferred he got clipped but after seeing how well his CT surgery went, I’m glad we didn’t go with him. Could you imagine RSD in the penis?????
So here I am, nine years later and I want a baby. In January/February of last year I took a pregnancy test because we thought I might be pregnant because I didn’t have my period, probably a precursor to menopause, but I took a pregnancy test. R and I were talking and we actually thought it would be a good thing. I mean not planned or expected, but not a bad thing by any means. We talked about how I could work almost up until the end and then return after 6-8 weeks and he’d be the stay at home Dad so I know the baby would be taken care of quite well. We didn’t say anything to the kids about the possibility, then after missing the second month, I took a hpt. We sat together waiting for the results. Funny how when the test came back negative I cried, I mean I cried too. Even R was disappointed. It was funny how we had all these dreams and plans for a baby we didn’t even know if he/she was coming or not. Course then the missing of the periods were made up for horribly and I do mean horribly, I ended up at the ER. I won’t go in to details but I was given morphine for how bad it was. It was a nice thought thinking of a baby but I accepted my decision. Yet here I am a year later and thinking again how I’d love a baby. Then tonight I realized, it was around this time nine years ago I had my tubes tied. It was right around February school vacation.
For me getting my tubes tied is a loss one that I come to terms with the rest of the time, except right around this time of year.
PS. Im just holding out now for Grandkids, I can wait ten years or so. Hopefully the kids can too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat