Em gets a hobby.. don't be jealous

Em gets a hobby
For Christmas I received a $100 gift certificate to the Mall. It can be spent at any store in the mall or can be spent like a visa card too, or so I hear. I had no need to spend it that way. It took me until the end of February to figure out how to spend it. I wanted something for me, not for the kids or the husband, but for me. So I decided to get a hobby, what hobby you ask? Scrap Booking.

Yes, you read that right. Scrap booking is a hobby you can’t do wrong. I may not do it like other people do theirs, but isn’t that the point? Doing it your own way. I’ve decided to take the boxes and boxes of photos that we have and make something with them, what better than scrap books. I went to AC Moore at the local mall and spent my entire gift certificate on scrap booking supplies. I got some photo type albums, I bought paper, scissors of various designs and glue. I bought markers and stickers and just things that said “good for scrap booking on them”. I bought everything acid free and photo safe. Apparently those are the right things to do. Looking at my first book you can see my progress in designing things. First page is nice, next page is good, third page is great and so on. It’s like you can see me become comfortable with scrap booking. My daughter showed me some great techniques and things to try. She is truly amazing with artistic things. Visual is definitely her forte! She has been doing her own scrap booking for awhile now and I saw some of the things she has done and said hmmm.

Now I have a hobby.. what’s yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..