I am not like Pauls mother, take it back

One of the things that the residents say about me is that they can always tell when I am there by my laughter. They hear me laugh and they know, Em is here today. Some even say they know it’s going to be a good day when they can hear my laughter in the halls. I actually get in trouble from my boss for laughter. Yes, he actually comes up and complains over my laughter, which the residents enjoy. That makes me very sad because I think laughter is the best medicine. Then along comes my sister tonight, you know Paul’s mothers other daughter, not being me, and she says, Mom (and I remind her it is Paul’s mother not our mom, she agrees) so she said Paul’s mother went to visit Auntie R but Auntie R did not know who she was. Then Paul’s mother laughed and Auntie R said omg it’s Paul’s mother!! I’d know you by that evil laugh!!!! So do I have the crazy, insane laughter of Paul’s mother??!! Am I becoming like her??
My sister P and I talked. She thinks it’s inevitable that we are going to end up like Paul’s mother in one way or another. Unfortunately or fortunately, my sister P looks like Paul’s mother before the demons ate her. So every morning when she rises, she can see little glimpses of her in the mirror. Apparently I get the loud laugh that makes heads turn and embarrasses people that I’m with. But what else are we going to get?? What else from the crazy woman that bore us will we end up with? Will I end up with the nervous finger fidgeting? Or how about chewing gum like a cow? Will I say ointment the way that she does that causes me and those around us to convulse? Will I say spasm that will then make every one around me say muscle contractions instead of spasms? Because spasm is said in a way that would make you well, spasm. Will I rip pieces of paper in to a million perfectly dimensional little square pieces so that no one can steal your identity because one time, someone tried to steal her identity right??? No, it’s not true. No one tried to steal her identity. Who would want to be her? Most days I don’t think she wants to be her. It can’t be easy being her by any means. I don’t begrudge her that.
Will I try to tell stories and make everyone lie for me. Remember that time I ate an egg and went in to a coma???? Umm no. Remember that time I ate mayonaise and blood oozed out my pores? Umm no again. I think I’d remember blood leaking out someones pores, wouldn’t you? She is unique and to be inside her head must be a scary place. So all I ask is that you take it back, I am not like Paul’s mother!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..