Wheelchairs out of can tops...

You are so wrong.What?It’s 549, not 443.Oh they must not have been all laying flat.Yeah that has to be it.
Cut to five or so minutes before, I dump out the can tops that we have been saving out on the kitchen table. Apparently they melt them down and make them in to wheelchairs and such. All you have to do is save the tab on the top of your can of soda. Our neighbor asked us to save them turns out it’s for a co-workers daughter that was burned severely as a wee one. She pulled a crock pot over on to herself. Where she goes they collect can tops to make medical equipment like wheelchairs. It’s a big thrill for the little one to bring them in, I guess they make a big deal out of it. Well if it makes a little one smile, Im all in.Well anyways I dumped them out on the table and R walked by and said, 443. Well of course now that means I have to count them. Because what if he’s right? Plus, being Rainman myself I cannot let that challenge go, oh no. I have to count them now, in fact, it’s become an obsession. So count them I do, total 549. Now the question is, how many does it take to make a wheelchair? Off I go to do more research. Funny how emptying a cup of soda can tops starts an avalanche.

*Edited to add the charity states they do not collect the whole can because of the requirement of cleaning the entire can. But they do encourage you to recycle the rest of the can after you pull off the pull tab. It takes 1,267 tops to make a pound of metal. It only takes 32 cans. Just thought I’d share what I found so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..