The christmas I hit my daughter with a bat
A few years ago, okay, many years ago I was cleaning up the dining room where we used to live after a birthday party. I just finished when my small child 5 year old child started dragging all of her toys and her 3 year old brother's toys back out in to the dining room. Rather than walking them back in to the room for the millionth time, I decided to take the easy way out.I started throwing the toys back in the bedroom. Well that was the wrong thing to do because wouldn't ya know a big fat little boys bat can give a little girl a black eye like nobodies business. I threw the bat in to the room, it bounced off the carpet and caught her just under the eye in an upward motion bounce and clocked her a good one. Right after I tossed the bat I realized she was in the room and it was too late to take it back.
Then what makes it even better, the school took a picture of her lovely black eye and put it on a Christmas ornament. Her very first school ornament.
So now every year at Christmas, we get to remember when I smacked HJ in the face with a bat. It was an accident, but the black eye was horrible. When the principal asked her what happened, she said," Mommie hit me in the face with a bat." Such a cute, honest child. In the picture it had healed quite a bit. She knows it was an accident and loves her ornament so we put it up.

D also has a picture from his school days, no black eye though. By that point I knew enough not to throw toys in to the room because you never know when a kid is going to be in the room.
Then what makes it even better, the school took a picture of her lovely black eye and put it on a Christmas ornament. Her very first school ornament.
So now every year at Christmas, we get to remember when I smacked HJ in the face with a bat. It was an accident, but the black eye was horrible. When the principal asked her what happened, she said," Mommie hit me in the face with a bat." Such a cute, honest child. In the picture it had healed quite a bit. She knows it was an accident and loves her ornament so we put it up.
D also has a picture from his school days, no black eye though. By that point I knew enough not to throw toys in to the room because you never know when a kid is going to be in the room.
Comments