It's been a week since my last confession..
It’s been a week since my last confession, erm blog entry. That’s accurate. Even sounds reasonable. I’ve discovered I hate my job, of course since everyone hates their job at one time or another this isn’t horribly unusual. As places go, it’s not really all that horrible. There are a lot worse nursing homes out there, trust me on this one. There are some co-workers that drive me nuts, but don’t we all have those people?
We have a girl at work, who has recently returned to college. She already knew everything but somehow, now she knows even more as if that was possible. It was a rainy gloomy day Sunday and I told one of our residents it was a very melancholy day.
She asked me,”Do you know what melancholy means.”
I answered,”Yes, it means depressed,depressive, sad etc..”
She said’ “No, I looked it up and it means a dark comedy.”
I said,”Well I looked it up too.”
She said, with a smug smile on her face, “you should probably look it up again.”
” I said yeah, cause I’m too fucking stupid to look it up right the first time.”
She claimed it was not what she meant. What else could she have meant? I don’t think a words definition gets to change. I mean I know we lost Pluto as a planet but can they change the definition of a word all willy nilly? Is that even legal? I have looked up melancholy in three different dictionaries and on numerous web searches and it all comes up with the exact meaning I used, but somehow this bitch with her condescending attitude can tell me I’m wrong and need to look it up again? Umm no, you’re wrong. You’re not as smart as you think you are and you definitely shouldn’t prance around like you’re all that, cause sooner or later, someone’s going to beat you to death with a dictionary. Not saying it will be me, I need the dictionary to practice up on looking for definitions cause apparently I suck at it.
We have a girl at work, who has recently returned to college. She already knew everything but somehow, now she knows even more as if that was possible. It was a rainy gloomy day Sunday and I told one of our residents it was a very melancholy day.
She asked me,”Do you know what melancholy means.”
I answered,”Yes, it means depressed,depressive, sad etc..”
She said’ “No, I looked it up and it means a dark comedy.”
I said,”Well I looked it up too.”
She said, with a smug smile on her face, “you should probably look it up again.”
” I said yeah, cause I’m too fucking stupid to look it up right the first time.”
She claimed it was not what she meant. What else could she have meant? I don’t think a words definition gets to change. I mean I know we lost Pluto as a planet but can they change the definition of a word all willy nilly? Is that even legal? I have looked up melancholy in three different dictionaries and on numerous web searches and it all comes up with the exact meaning I used, but somehow this bitch with her condescending attitude can tell me I’m wrong and need to look it up again? Umm no, you’re wrong. You’re not as smart as you think you are and you definitely shouldn’t prance around like you’re all that, cause sooner or later, someone’s going to beat you to death with a dictionary. Not saying it will be me, I need the dictionary to practice up on looking for definitions cause apparently I suck at it.