I fell over and nothings been quite right since..
Sunday night I fell over and things haven’t been the same since. My once elegant gait, stop laughing, has now turned in to more of an elephant gait. I can fall over, trip over, land on, smash elbows against and twist in to unnatural positions now at the drop of an autumn leaf. I know this because I have been doing it since Sunday night.
Sunday night I was innocently talking to a friend of mine on the phone and was leaving my bedroom. Im not exactly sure where I was going because the impact of my fall knocked that idea right outta me. I was walking in front of the bureaus heading out of our bedroom and tripped over the lid to a large rubbermaid container/bin that was on the floor. The container itself is on my bureau but the cover was on the floor. It was not there just a few short minutes before. I fell with such force I bounced, okay now you can laugh, from my side where I landed on to my back. My left foot was sore almost immediately but did not look like I done anything too serious to it. I iced it immediately with frozen peas. My right shoulder was sore but not horribly sore.
I woke up Monday morning after sleeping about an hour and a half the entire night and my foot was swollen and blue and my shoulder hurt enough that when I attempted to wash my hair in the shower I actually let out a noise. My toes looked like one big mass of a toe. I won’t share with you how I smashed my elbow on the bathroom sink trying to get in to the shower without using my arm or foot. I won’t tell you how I walked in to the walls being off balance with my sore foot. It seems gravity was pissed off at me and I was paying for it. Off to the ER I went with my friend. We had a blast in the waiting room cause it was either smile and joke or kill someone and since neither of us had bail money, we went with laughter. We made new friends, one was TB guy who couldn’t cover his mouth but could lean over towards us and spew his nasty TB germs at us. There was a big sign cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands, neither of which he did. Then there was the lady who came in screaming she paid $14,000 to become a nurse and then showed us her badge. She’s a licensed nursing assistant like us and you don’t pay $14,000 to become an LNA. You pay more like $1400 and the state reimburses you once you complete the course and become licensed and working.
After a few x-rays I got a lovely new shoe and an offer for a sling which I turned down. I sprained my left foot and my right rotator cuff. She said I couldn’t do any more damage by using them. In fact she was concerned I’d lock my shoulder from non-use. If you want me to move the shoulder, why would you let me immobilize it? In their paperwork it says if the foot still hurts, don’t walk on it, but they gave me a walking shoe and told me to walk on it. Nothing makes sense.
As I leave the emergency room, I step outside and step off my beautiful new shoe twisting my ankle. After making a joke about going back in, I hobbled as quickly as I could to my friends car.
Sunday night I was innocently talking to a friend of mine on the phone and was leaving my bedroom. Im not exactly sure where I was going because the impact of my fall knocked that idea right outta me. I was walking in front of the bureaus heading out of our bedroom and tripped over the lid to a large rubbermaid container/bin that was on the floor. The container itself is on my bureau but the cover was on the floor. It was not there just a few short minutes before. I fell with such force I bounced, okay now you can laugh, from my side where I landed on to my back. My left foot was sore almost immediately but did not look like I done anything too serious to it. I iced it immediately with frozen peas. My right shoulder was sore but not horribly sore.
I woke up Monday morning after sleeping about an hour and a half the entire night and my foot was swollen and blue and my shoulder hurt enough that when I attempted to wash my hair in the shower I actually let out a noise. My toes looked like one big mass of a toe. I won’t share with you how I smashed my elbow on the bathroom sink trying to get in to the shower without using my arm or foot. I won’t tell you how I walked in to the walls being off balance with my sore foot. It seems gravity was pissed off at me and I was paying for it. Off to the ER I went with my friend. We had a blast in the waiting room cause it was either smile and joke or kill someone and since neither of us had bail money, we went with laughter. We made new friends, one was TB guy who couldn’t cover his mouth but could lean over towards us and spew his nasty TB germs at us. There was a big sign cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands, neither of which he did. Then there was the lady who came in screaming she paid $14,000 to become a nurse and then showed us her badge. She’s a licensed nursing assistant like us and you don’t pay $14,000 to become an LNA. You pay more like $1400 and the state reimburses you once you complete the course and become licensed and working.
After a few x-rays I got a lovely new shoe and an offer for a sling which I turned down. I sprained my left foot and my right rotator cuff. She said I couldn’t do any more damage by using them. In fact she was concerned I’d lock my shoulder from non-use. If you want me to move the shoulder, why would you let me immobilize it? In their paperwork it says if the foot still hurts, don’t walk on it, but they gave me a walking shoe and told me to walk on it. Nothing makes sense.
As I leave the emergency room, I step outside and step off my beautiful new shoe twisting my ankle. After making a joke about going back in, I hobbled as quickly as I could to my friends car.