Pauls mother doing better

Pauls mother asked me, no begged me not to take her back to the hospital. Probably afraid she’d end up in another cab or with a worse infection. She looked so small and so pitiful, I said here’s the deal Mom, yes I didn’t call her Paul’s mom, she’s sick how heartless do you think I am and I said if I can get your doctor to call you in the Z pack, you will NOT have to go to the hospital, however if I cant get him to call in antibiotics, away you go. She said deal. As if she had a choice.
Well I got the doc to call in the Z pack, took me two hours at the pharmacy to get them, another story for another day, then back to her house where she ate mashed potatoes, mac n cheese and chicken from Kentucky Fried Chicken (the chicken I cut up into little tiny pieces) and then back to her bed. With her big mug of apple juice, her tv remote and her cordless phone.
She is currently home under the supervision of Karen, her husband. Apparently they married at the checkout at the CVS pharmacy a year ago. They’re too damn funny together. Oh I was informed not the pharmacy, but at the store front check out, where they got some very weird looks and a few snide comments but I have a step-dad now.
The incision runs from her ear down her neck about 8″ and on someone so small, it looks gigantic. Freaks people out, but I thought it looked great. She really looks fantastic for someone that just had surgery and was sent home in a cab.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat