Letter to Baby boo

Your loss is felt here, half way around the world. There are no words that can be put here that can change the great sense of loss you have right now. But I want you to know my beautiful Boo that I love you very much. I want you to know that your loss is our loss as well.
If I could take you in my arms and hold you there so no harm or pain could come to you I would. If I could find magic dust under my pillow I would take away all hurt and sorrow. But I can't. So I offer you words, to try and let you know how much you are loved.
When your mother found out she was pregnant with you, I was there. When Mom had doctors appointments, I was there. When Mom went in to labor, I was there. This stupid nurse said Mom had to pick between your Dad and I to be there in the labor room but I wouldn't let her make your Mom choose, I stepped out in to the waiting room so that choice wouldn't have to be made. I waited in there for updates from your father and the nurses. When you were born he came out with your footprints and you'd have thought it was my first baby, I was that excited.When you were a newborn I stayed with your mom for awhile to help out. I don't know how much help I ended up being, but I loved my time with you. Getting to know you and feeling the bond grow between us.
When Mom was staying with Auntie PJ, I'd show up to steal you and run away with you. There was a hurricane and Auntie Chelle and I drove around to get you formula and diapers. I would tell people you were my baby. Yes I'm admitting that on a public blog! I would pretend you were my baby.
As you grew in to a toddler, I would still go pick you up from your moms. I'd go buy you outfits or anything else you wanted. You were always so amazing to watch, so special. You knew good things were about to happen whenever Boo was around. Entertaining to say the least. As you grew, I'd go to school to watch your perform, or to bring cupcakes to school for your birthday party because Mom had to work or whatever. You were always and continue to be a big part of my life.
The day Mom told me she was pregnant, our dreams for you started. Not the dreams that you'd grow up in to the next President or an astronaut or whatever, but dreams of who you might be. Dreams of what was to come as you started along on your journey. I can not imagine how I would have felt if those dreams were taken away. Which is exactly what has happened to you. Your dreams of the life you carried inside you are now gone.
I can't say oh try again, or you'll have another one, because life is not that simple. I can't even go with well there had to be a reason or perhaps now wasn't the time. Because they're empty and meaningless. They don't fit. What I can say is, we need to take the time to mourn your baby and what we dreamed of your baby to become. We need to take the time to shed the tears at your loss. At the loss we all feel.
Please know if you need me, I am here. Please know that I love you Baby Boo, for now and for always........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..