Complacent.. the big word for today

Have I become complacent in my life? I am supposed to be furthering my education to pursue a career where I can better support my family. Basically, what all that crap means is that I’m supposed to be going to the TECH to get my bachelors in Nursing so I can be an RN and make over double what I make now so I can pay both my lights and phone in the same month! But somehow, I’m still standing in the same place I was three years ago. I mean I went and got my drivers license, so I’m not standing in exactly the same place. I can drive around it a wee bit. But I have not made a single move towards my educational goal.

I mean in reading thee above you’d believe I was in it simply for the money. But it’s not just for the money. Nursing appeals to me, who knows maybe I will expand upon my education and become a nurse practitioner or a physician assistant. I know others that have started out as nurses aids and have continued on the educational path. There may be no stopping me. Apparently there may also be no starting me! There in lies the dilemma. Most things I have done in my life are done by simply getting up one morning and just going and doing it. I woke up one morning and went and got my drivers license, that was over a year ago and I have no idea why I waited so long. However, I just got up and did it. Passed with absolutely no trouble.

My GED was another thing that I did by just getting up one day and going. Well okay, I went in the evening and not actually in the morning, but I had only been up for a few hours. I went in took the pre-testing, they discovered I did not need any refresher courses before taking the actual GED. I passed all courses with flying colors over a two month period, only three days but over two months. (What colors are flying and which ones are grounded?) My Nurses Aid license was also done by just getting up and just saying today is the day. I took the pre-testing, passed with flying colors so was accepted in to the program. I started the program just a few days later with the class already starting a week earlier. I passed top of the class. Not bragging, although I will if I want to, Im just stating how things went.So what stops me, what’s preventing me from just doing it. Just going to NH tech and enrolling in the RN program? Im not sure, but I am sure of one thing. One morning I will wake up and just do it! Kind of like the Nike commerical, but with less running and jumping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat