First day of school
We have survived, well partly. We did not make it through without scars and battle wounds. H was horrified by school starting. Actually horrified is a complete understatement. She was saying I’m quitting school, she now understands that it’s not an option for her. She has does this every year, except 8th grade. That was the one year we got a respite for this. In fact, it was my favorite year of school. Her brother was in 6th grade so they were in the same school, school years go much better when they’re in the same school. She likes to go and check up on him. Make sure he has his lunch money, is warm and being treated properly. When he went to first grade she was in third and kept going to check on him. Both teachers found it very sweet. She once gave him her sweatshirt outside because it was cold and he didn’t have one and some teacher yelled at him for taking her sweatshirt and she started crying and telling the teacher to leave them alone. Her teacher came out and told the on duty teacher at the playground it was okay. She’ll kill him from being around him all the time, but heavens forbid anyone else treat him like she does.
We were up all night of course because she can’t sleep the night before, she’s up obsessing, I don’t know where she gets that from? I was ironing pants at 2 AM because what other time of day would be better. There is less demand for electricity at that time so I get full power for the iron. Have I ever mentioned I don’t iron. I hate ironing, it’s just something I don’t do, but now that the girl wears dress pants and they need ironing, well I’m ironing. I have a table top ironing board which worked well, I think it would have been much easier if I had a full size ironing board. So I ironed all her pants so she could go back and forth, back and forth on which ones she would wear. Luckily she wore a pair of them, I would have needed an alibi if she didn’t.
She arrived at school and saw some of her friends, which is weird because for the past week she’s kept me up till 1 AM every night telling me she has no friends. I get so confused sometimes in talking with her. She has friends, but she has no friends. Well her friends that she didn’t have were very happy to see her and she got big huge hugs from quite a few of them. She wont admit it was a pretty good day because she can’t do that, instead she said it wasn’t all bad. There were some okay things, but it really was horrible ya know. Just like I said it was. I absolutely love this kid, otherwise I’d have buried her out by the creek in my yard! Will be back later to post how D-Mans first day went!
We were up all night of course because she can’t sleep the night before, she’s up obsessing, I don’t know where she gets that from? I was ironing pants at 2 AM because what other time of day would be better. There is less demand for electricity at that time so I get full power for the iron. Have I ever mentioned I don’t iron. I hate ironing, it’s just something I don’t do, but now that the girl wears dress pants and they need ironing, well I’m ironing. I have a table top ironing board which worked well, I think it would have been much easier if I had a full size ironing board. So I ironed all her pants so she could go back and forth, back and forth on which ones she would wear. Luckily she wore a pair of them, I would have needed an alibi if she didn’t.
She arrived at school and saw some of her friends, which is weird because for the past week she’s kept me up till 1 AM every night telling me she has no friends. I get so confused sometimes in talking with her. She has friends, but she has no friends. Well her friends that she didn’t have were very happy to see her and she got big huge hugs from quite a few of them. She wont admit it was a pretty good day because she can’t do that, instead she said it wasn’t all bad. There were some okay things, but it really was horrible ya know. Just like I said it was. I absolutely love this kid, otherwise I’d have buried her out by the creek in my yard! Will be back later to post how D-Mans first day went!
Comments