Because I said so.. that's why!

Why is it that no matter which vehicle I bring to get gas, the gas tank is always on the opposite side of the pump? My kids think it’s funny. Remember the older cars that the gas went in under the license plate?? I remember cars like that. That was easy to remember, which side do you need to park near the pump, either side as long as the ass end was accessible. But now it’s either on the right or left side of your vechicle but never on the side you parked closest to the pump. That would be too easy, instead you get to turn the car around, what’s even funnier is when I can turn the car around and still manage to get the gas tank on the opposite side of the pump, not as easy as it sounds to do I assure you, it has taken me over a year of practice on this.That leads me to this, why did I wait so long to get my license.

I have officially been licensed for over a year now. I have driven to Massachusetts and back more times than I care to count. I have driven to Hampton Beach and have even drive to Maine to visit the in-laws of which I thoroughly enjoyed being able to do. I love being able to jump in the van and drive down to Massachusetts to visit Paul’s mother or my sister. To drive around and show my kids where I grew up and where they used to live. They even get to see the hospital they were born at because Paul’s mothers house, their Nana’s house, is right up the road. My daughter says Mom, lets go for a ride and in the van we get and away we go. As simple as that. Mom I want a candy bar, it’s 2 AM, yes lets take the van, okay and off we go.

It’s wonderful having the freedom to drive where I want when I want. I waited so long and it has become such an important and amazing part of my life. I can leave work, get in my van and drive anywhere I want to go. I don’t have to see if R is having a good hand day or a bad hand day. I can call and say you want to come along, if he says no, I don’t get stuck home anymore, I can go!! And finally, WHY is my daughter old enough to drive? Who allowed this to happen? Tonight she went for a drive with her father, her driving of course, and she did very well. Parked amazingly well too, straight as an arrow. I bet she won’t have any problems pulling up to the pump with gas tank on the proper side!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat