D's first day of school

D’s first day of school went fine. He had all his proper equipment. We know because he checked it over numerous times. He was obsessing last night over his homeroom. Seems his homeroom was Info C and he could not figure out what room was Info C. He did know that the teacher was the Phys. Ed teacher so he thought maybe they would meet in the gym but he wasn’t sure and wanted me to find a map of the school, which of course I couldn’t. After I ironed at 2 AM for HJ I researched the entire internet for a map of his school. I could find directions there, I could find the school schedule, and what’s expected of the students. I could find the lunch menu and tell him what he could eat but I could not find a map of the school. Each child had their own thing to obsess about and this was his.
I then stopped in the morning after bringing HJ to her school, where she had to meet friends she does not have, I had to go to the store and pick him up some lunch, snacks and drinks. I got home and he was pacing because he only had three minutes to leave because he needed to go to the office and find out where Info C was, you know his homeroom. I said you wanted me to get you lunch, so I went to get you lunch. He said well I need to go and find out where my homeroom is Mom. School didn’t start for a half hour but he needed to find that homeroom. We piled in to the truck and headed to school.
Now I explained earlier how HJ had obsessed about going to school, while he’s obsessing about Info C she’s telling him, it’s in the library. He’s saying but the teacher is the gym teacher, she said I know but when I was in eighth grade, all the info’s were in the library, in three sections of the library, but in the library. Well guess what, his big sister was right, his home room is in the library. *Sigh* Oh and this AM she informed me I did not get her pencils and she would like pencils because they are required for school, well I did actually get her a pack so I went in my room and got them and gave them to her, she actually smiled a tad. I saw it.. I swear it was real!
D likes his teachers, they seem nice, he can find out his homework and such on the internet, which he is very happy about. He can even turn in homework over the internet. He only had one book to cover, his French book. He made three new friends but could only remember two of the names and his friend Nicole is back in his class. I must tell the story of Nicole some day! His new obsession: he doesn’t know when locker time is or what he requires for each class out of his locker when he does have locker time. I really don’t know where these kids get this obsessing from!

HJ fell asleep about a half hour after she got home for school and hasn’t been up since. Now luckily they have the next three days off and they have all those days to get their obsessions going again so we can repeat this process Monday night in to Tuesday morning. Oh how I love our school district. Great idea to start on a flipping Friday!!!!

Good night, sweet dreams. I think I may actually be allowed to sleep tonight!Mr. Nice Guy thinks he has it bad with sleeplessness, just wait. It only gets better from here!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..