My husband hates people..
I don't mean this unkindly. But he really dislikes people. He's the first person to admit it. He's not outgoing, does not enjoying visiting and really does not enjoy meeting new people. I, on the other hand, love going out, enjoy visiting and love meeting new people. We've found a way to work around it. I try to visit new people in their homes only, keep visiting here to a minimum and try not to remember it's not personal when he goes and hides when new people visit. It's just who he is and we've accepted each other and all our neurosis a long time ago. It's what makes us, US.
Sometimes, even after twenty years of marriage, we discover new things about each other. While my husband hates people; he loves animals. We were out on the porch a short while ago enjoying the beautiful weather and I looked down on the ground and the saw the bird food he had put down for the birds. I asked him he had put out any food for today. He said no, he put out enough yesterday to get through today even if the squirrels and chipmunks visited. He then explained they already had. I looked right and saw some cat hair in a ball. I realized he was giving the birds nesting material. I took a moment and looked around the porch and saw how he had made it animal friendly. I said you're just like your mother. Well that went over well. I said don't make a sad face, it's all in a good way. I noticed you love animals. He looked at me and said, they're the last innocent things left in this world.
Did I ever tell you that my husband was a police officer? Did I ever tell you he worked in some of the nasty slums where we are originally from? Did I ever tell you the things that he has seen? Well I remember the stories. People can be ugly and he has seen the ugliest side of them. It changed him. But he still sees the beauty in nature. He still sees the beauty in babies and small children. He still sees the beauty in me and I still see the beauty in him.
Sometimes, even after twenty years of marriage, we discover new things about each other. While my husband hates people; he loves animals. We were out on the porch a short while ago enjoying the beautiful weather and I looked down on the ground and the saw the bird food he had put down for the birds. I asked him he had put out any food for today. He said no, he put out enough yesterday to get through today even if the squirrels and chipmunks visited. He then explained they already had. I looked right and saw some cat hair in a ball. I realized he was giving the birds nesting material. I took a moment and looked around the porch and saw how he had made it animal friendly. I said you're just like your mother. Well that went over well. I said don't make a sad face, it's all in a good way. I noticed you love animals. He looked at me and said, they're the last innocent things left in this world.
Did I ever tell you that my husband was a police officer? Did I ever tell you he worked in some of the nasty slums where we are originally from? Did I ever tell you the things that he has seen? Well I remember the stories. People can be ugly and he has seen the ugliest side of them. It changed him. But he still sees the beauty in nature. He still sees the beauty in babies and small children. He still sees the beauty in me and I still see the beauty in him.
Comments