Date night...

Tonight was date night. I came home from work and the hubby and I napped. We're grandparents now so we nap. It's part of the grandparent requirement. Okay, honestly, I love naps. Not just power naps either, I can sleep for hours and still consider it a nap. I'm all like that and stuff. We got up around 6:30 or so and I jumped in the shower first. I even shaved my legs in the shower, yes you all needed to know this. We got ready and I cut my bangs too damn short, although I am the only one that thinks so. I don't know why the people in this house let me walk towards the bathroom with a pair of scissors in my hand. You'd think after all my "bang" accidents someone would stop me. They just don't protect me from myself.

Then we got all gussied up, I put on my brown and pink shirt and my tan sweater. Looking hot if I do say so myself. I then put on my pink necklace and was ready to rock and roll. I informed Rob if I was paying for supper he best plan on putting out. My nephew, whom I love dearly, yelled to him, don't let her pressure you into anything you're not ready for. Who asked him? Then my nephew said, don't ply Uncle full of drinks at the restaurant to try and get him snookered so you can have your way with him. Again, so helpful. But Nick came to rescue and said yeah, wait until you get home to ply him with booze, it's cheaper. Apparently neither one of them have ever seen him drunk, taking advantage of him is the last thing I'm thinking of at that moment. I swear his IQ drops with each drink and his forehead becomes like a neanderthals. It's just scary. But I digress.

We arrive at the restaurant and are seated. I order the steak with baked potato and steamed vegetables. He orders steak, grilled shrimp, mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Our food arrives and we dig in. The steak was cooked to perfection. Rob takes one bite of steak and states he's full. Are you kidding me? We have these huge plates of food and he's done eating?? This can't be true. But knowing us, this is exactly how it goes for us. Always, nothing goes as planned. Go ahead and ask.... did you eat your meal? The answer is, hell yes! It was good too. Can't wait till we go out and he watches me eat again, date night with just the two of us was great. Just what the doctor ordered!

Comments

Mr. Mr said…
Ok so the big question. well i wont ask.


glad you had fun. and did he really literally take a bite and say hes full?
Emsxiety said…
Yeah, he really did. Gotta love him.
Vered said…
Makes me proud of you. Usually it's the woman who doesn't eat.
Emsxiety said…
Thanks Vered. I enjoy eating and the food was delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..