Paul's mother visits the ER
Last night I get a call from the lady my mother married in Walgreen’s. She said Hi Em, this is your Step Dad. Immediately I knew who it was, it’s Karen. I said yes, she said mom’s not doing too good. She proceeded to tell me that she hadn’t been able to hold anything down in days, she was very weak and they were concerned. Hmm okay. I said well let me call her and I’ll get back to you. Three phone calls with no response I called my sister. I said I’m an hour and a half away, I need you to go over to Moms asap. Explained what Karen had said. So my sister says I have to call Mom an ambulance, I said why? She said because I have J in the car. Umm okay, so why would having him in the car make it so you couldn’t get Mom to the hospital in your car? It makes no sense. Later on I find out she tried to call Mom before she went over there. After me explaining I called three separate times and her neighbors and friend were worried about her, she still tried to call first. She got no answer of course.
Then she said well mom told me she wasn’t feeling well but she’s always complaining about shitting all the time so I just said goodbye I have to go now when on the phone with her from my work. This is the second time she blew off possible symptoms regarding them as nothing. First time was the stroke. Then she had to leave the hospital early because J was being grumpy and he wouldn’t leave without her. Hmm really? Yes really, he wouldn’t leave her and let me bring her home later but he was very unhappy about staying. Then became downright grumpy because my nephew John was coming. How many people are coming he grumped??? It was me representing my family, my sister representing her family and my nephew John representing his mother and family as his mother has passed. It’s how we roll in emergencies. Strength in numbers. I also had HJ and Nick with me as it’s an hour and a half drive down and it was 10:30 at night when I left here. We took turns rotating through her room so she was never alone and each of us got a break to get a drink and rest. I did all her toileting and care. I also let the nurses know that I never again wanted to see my mother or any patient have a blood pressure cuff on the same arm as their IV. They wonder why her arm was all black and blue, bleeding heavily and swollen. Well every time it took her blood pressure it blew the blood through the IV line. Argh. They really don’t impress me. Seriously don’t. They left her in soiled depends for an hour and a half until I got there. I ended up changing her and cleaning her up. I also told them that was unacceptable. My sister said well I told them she was soiled. (Just a reminder this is my blog and it’s my view on things, my sister is free to write her own blog and talk about me. In fact I’d look forward to reading about me from another person point of view.
Turns out Paul’s mother had a UTI, cancer cells in the collapsed portion of her lung and severe dehydration but they let us take her home. John, myself, HJ and Nick took Paul’s mother home. John went out after we napped and bought her the prescriptions she got from the hospital. He then headed home to get some rest and spend time with his wife and son. I left her house at 4 PM, I was leaving at 3 PM but then a fire alarm went off so we had to stay until they said all clear. Course my lovely child dropped to the ground and rolled around screaming call them off, I stopped, dropped and rolled.
Drove home in the snow, and even though my house is trashed, I have a ton of dishes to do and the laundry has piled up, I have never been so happy to see home as I was tonight. At least that’s how it feels anyway. And after seeing my brother in law in action, I told R if he ever told me again I married the wrong brother, I’ll smack him upside his head with an object of my choosing. Money doesn’t matter, love and respect do, I wouldn’t change my life for any ones.
Then she said well mom told me she wasn’t feeling well but she’s always complaining about shitting all the time so I just said goodbye I have to go now when on the phone with her from my work. This is the second time she blew off possible symptoms regarding them as nothing. First time was the stroke. Then she had to leave the hospital early because J was being grumpy and he wouldn’t leave without her. Hmm really? Yes really, he wouldn’t leave her and let me bring her home later but he was very unhappy about staying. Then became downright grumpy because my nephew John was coming. How many people are coming he grumped??? It was me representing my family, my sister representing her family and my nephew John representing his mother and family as his mother has passed. It’s how we roll in emergencies. Strength in numbers. I also had HJ and Nick with me as it’s an hour and a half drive down and it was 10:30 at night when I left here. We took turns rotating through her room so she was never alone and each of us got a break to get a drink and rest. I did all her toileting and care. I also let the nurses know that I never again wanted to see my mother or any patient have a blood pressure cuff on the same arm as their IV. They wonder why her arm was all black and blue, bleeding heavily and swollen. Well every time it took her blood pressure it blew the blood through the IV line. Argh. They really don’t impress me. Seriously don’t. They left her in soiled depends for an hour and a half until I got there. I ended up changing her and cleaning her up. I also told them that was unacceptable. My sister said well I told them she was soiled. (Just a reminder this is my blog and it’s my view on things, my sister is free to write her own blog and talk about me. In fact I’d look forward to reading about me from another person point of view.
Turns out Paul’s mother had a UTI, cancer cells in the collapsed portion of her lung and severe dehydration but they let us take her home. John, myself, HJ and Nick took Paul’s mother home. John went out after we napped and bought her the prescriptions she got from the hospital. He then headed home to get some rest and spend time with his wife and son. I left her house at 4 PM, I was leaving at 3 PM but then a fire alarm went off so we had to stay until they said all clear. Course my lovely child dropped to the ground and rolled around screaming call them off, I stopped, dropped and rolled.
Drove home in the snow, and even though my house is trashed, I have a ton of dishes to do and the laundry has piled up, I have never been so happy to see home as I was tonight. At least that’s how it feels anyway. And after seeing my brother in law in action, I told R if he ever told me again I married the wrong brother, I’ll smack him upside his head with an object of my choosing. Money doesn’t matter, love and respect do, I wouldn’t change my life for any ones.
Comments