Hibernating
Hibernating is a natural act for some creatures. R calls it being a hermit. But I’m not entirely a hermit. There are times I want human interaction, I want to hear other peoples voices and be around them. But sometimes, sometimes I want to be left alone, completely. Sometimes I want to collapse inside my own head and see what’s going on up in there. Just need to hear the sound of my own thoughts rambling around up there. Listen to my own heart beat and just be.
Paul’s mother came up for New Years Eve. We went to Johns for the family party, then I brought her home with me. She was to go home Tuesday but Mother Nature chose to dump a nasty snow storm on us instead so she got to stay another day. She did really well with the change in plans, usually it would have upset her greatly. We had a very nice ride home to her house singing along to Johnny Cash and talking about nothing in particular. My hibernation started while she was here so we watched a few movies.
During these times I am much more likely to read books, download music and watch movies. I have read Dean Koontz Darkest Evening of the Year, Nora Roberts Blood Brothers and am currently reading Jodi Piccoult 19 Minutes. For music I’ve downloaded a bit of Snow Patrol which I didn’t realize I liked until I listened to Make this go on forever, then I discovered numerous songs by them I enjoy. I also downloaded Dave Matthews, Queen, Goo Goo Dolls, Kelly Clarkson and Vanessa Carlton, The Pogues, Dropkick Murphys as well as Ozzy Osbourne and Eminem. As for movies, I’ve watched: The Bourne Ultimatum, Oceans Thirteen, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (watched twice), The Stand (all four parts), and Ghost Rider.
During this time I’ve discovered I am ready for my next tattoo and have a very good idea of what I would like, the design I mean. I found it in the CD tin that R got for Christmas from DMan. It’s a nice Celtic design. Just perfect for what I want and I’ve decided instead of getting it in all black, I want a green outline. And, get this, I’m also thinking about having some of MAL’s ashes mixed in to the ink.
And finally, I am already all set with the elections that will take place this week and again the end of the year. I’m tired of listening to the uninformed talking to the other uninformed about things that are so far fetched and ignorant. I heard enough today that I actually wanted to just stand up and yell do you actually hear yourself talking? I mean do you REALLY hear yourself?? I had a man come in to the laundromat last night talking to us about Ron Paul. He wants to do away with vaccinations for babies. When asked why? Well because he’s a doctor and he knows about this stuff. Umm yeah, Im going to need more than that thanks. They gave us a couple of his pamphlets and after reading them I’ve realized, this shit is scary.
Paul’s mother came up for New Years Eve. We went to Johns for the family party, then I brought her home with me. She was to go home Tuesday but Mother Nature chose to dump a nasty snow storm on us instead so she got to stay another day. She did really well with the change in plans, usually it would have upset her greatly. We had a very nice ride home to her house singing along to Johnny Cash and talking about nothing in particular. My hibernation started while she was here so we watched a few movies.
During these times I am much more likely to read books, download music and watch movies. I have read Dean Koontz Darkest Evening of the Year, Nora Roberts Blood Brothers and am currently reading Jodi Piccoult 19 Minutes. For music I’ve downloaded a bit of Snow Patrol which I didn’t realize I liked until I listened to Make this go on forever, then I discovered numerous songs by them I enjoy. I also downloaded Dave Matthews, Queen, Goo Goo Dolls, Kelly Clarkson and Vanessa Carlton, The Pogues, Dropkick Murphys as well as Ozzy Osbourne and Eminem. As for movies, I’ve watched: The Bourne Ultimatum, Oceans Thirteen, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (watched twice), The Stand (all four parts), and Ghost Rider.
During this time I’ve discovered I am ready for my next tattoo and have a very good idea of what I would like, the design I mean. I found it in the CD tin that R got for Christmas from DMan. It’s a nice Celtic design. Just perfect for what I want and I’ve decided instead of getting it in all black, I want a green outline. And, get this, I’m also thinking about having some of MAL’s ashes mixed in to the ink.
And finally, I am already all set with the elections that will take place this week and again the end of the year. I’m tired of listening to the uninformed talking to the other uninformed about things that are so far fetched and ignorant. I heard enough today that I actually wanted to just stand up and yell do you actually hear yourself talking? I mean do you REALLY hear yourself?? I had a man come in to the laundromat last night talking to us about Ron Paul. He wants to do away with vaccinations for babies. When asked why? Well because he’s a doctor and he knows about this stuff. Umm yeah, Im going to need more than that thanks. They gave us a couple of his pamphlets and after reading them I’ve realized, this shit is scary.
Comments