Paul and Paul's mother meet again..
It’s something not many of us are prepared for. Paul and Paul’s mother in the same place, at the same time. Sometimes we wonder if that’s humanly possible, as they may actually be one in the same. I have often wondered, after looking at the following picture you may be wondering are they one in the same??
We arrived in MA a bit later than we were supposed to. As I told my boss, I am neither for nor against arriving on time. I had my sister bring Paul’s mother to my van as we needed her assistance getting stuff out of the back. My daughter stepped out, she hugged her. My son stepped out, she hugged him. Then my brother stepped out. To put in to words the look on her face when my brother stepped out of the back of the van, it’s impossible. We weren’t sure if the family truly was able to keep a secret until we saw her face. That was no act, and I’ve seen her act, she’s damn good.
She reached out and grabbed a hold of her son and sobbed. She just grabbed him with everything she had in her and did not let go. He said Im really here Momma. She grabbed tighter and let out little gasps. The rest of us stood around and tried not to cry. It was absolutely amazing to see. She didn’t let go of him for about 24 hours. I took her home with us and in the middle of the night she came out to check and make sure he was really here.
I won’t get in to how she forgot about letting me back in at the gathering and I stood outside for a while. Wet but at least under cover I got to wait.
Once she got her Paul, the rest of us ceased to exist. She hasn’t seen him herself in four years and it’s been five years for me. Visit went good and I’m glad he came. I’m glad they had this time together because they both needed it.
PS. That’s all your getting, move along now!
Comments