I woke up and decided to home school
Okay, it wasn’t that simple. But most people I’ve talked to seem to take it that way. So what you just got up and decided to homeschool your daughter? No, it is something I’ve been considering for years but had no idea how to take the first step. I’ve watched my daughter fail in school or the school fail her year after year and said, something has to be done. But what? I tried meetings at the school, I tried the whole IEP and special education process but still, they weren’t listening and she was getting more and more frustrated. Finally she gave up and in some ways, I think I did too.
But then one morning I did wake up and decide she’d homeschool, but it was not that simple. I just decided to take action. To stop letting things go and take action that was possible. I instant messaged my friend and said okay what do I do? Boy did I ask the right person. She gave me links and ideas. She is looking around and sending me books and supplies.
It’s a little scary, but it’s also full of possibilities. We can set up a real Individualized Educational Program also known as an IEP, that’s seriously centered around her. She can have control over what she learns and how she learns it. If it’s not working for her then we don’t have to go through the special education department, the school, her teachers and the whole bullshit of school, instead we can find something that does work. It may take awhile to find what works best for us as a family. But find it we shall.
But then one morning I did wake up and decide she’d homeschool, but it was not that simple. I just decided to take action. To stop letting things go and take action that was possible. I instant messaged my friend and said okay what do I do? Boy did I ask the right person. She gave me links and ideas. She is looking around and sending me books and supplies.
It’s a little scary, but it’s also full of possibilities. We can set up a real Individualized Educational Program also known as an IEP, that’s seriously centered around her. She can have control over what she learns and how she learns it. If it’s not working for her then we don’t have to go through the special education department, the school, her teachers and the whole bullshit of school, instead we can find something that does work. It may take awhile to find what works best for us as a family. But find it we shall.