First post of the New Year

Well we woke up this morning to a beautiful sight, an ice covered world. Now I know the driving is treacherous, we had to drive in it to get to work this morning. The meaning of we I’ll get back to in a few. I know it can cause power outages and such, I get that too. But it truly was beautiful. I love the look of ice on the trees. It gives the world an almost surreal look to it.

Course it wasn’t so pretty when I stepped outside to get in the truck. I slid the whole way over and it was very cold and rainy. Did you know that when rain falls from the sky and then freezes, it’s called freezing rain? Our local weather man actually said this today. As if it came as a great surprise to all of us that’s what it means. Umm yeppers, rain that falls from the sky and freezes is freezing rain, oh thank you so much for explaining it to us all, we get so confused.

By we, as mentioned above I mean R and I. Mainly I mean R drove. Have I ever told you how much R worries in snow and freezing rain storms? When I drive myself in the van he suddenly needs to go to the store for something at the exact time I am leaving, then just happens to have to go in the same direction I am going. Other times I just let him drive me to save the gas money. He’s not loud about it, except the black ice stuff, don’t get me started, and there’s no pressure. He’s content to just follow along behind me at a safe distance in case something happens. I love him so much for that. I love him for being worried, realizing it’s his thing and working it out in a way that doesn’t hurt either of us. I love him so much for it that sometimes, I just let him drive me to work.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat