Em's Family Vacation
What could I be thinking of, trying to take a vacation. I get so easily confused sometimes it’s not even funny. I should have known with the way things go in my life, that a vacation will not go as planned.
So we get up around 9′ish and head out the door shortly after 10 AM. We arrived in Wells Maine around 11:30′ish or so in a cloud of black smoke and spewing oil. Yes, a cloud of black smoke and oil spewing out the back end of the Pathfinder and up over the back window. The thick black smoke was also inside the truck, but luckily many helpful drivers pointed to us and yelled your cars over heating. First of all, ya group of fucking morons, it’s a TRUCK or an SUV not a car. Second of all, when a truck or car over heats it does not spew out black smoke and oil. It spews out white smoke and water, anti-freeze/coolant. But not thanks so much for pointing and telling me my car is smoking but not offering any help.
I would also like to not thank all the people who saw us in the parking lot with our hood open, you know the universal sign of we’re in deep trouble, and did not ask if we needed any assistance. I’d especially like to extend my not thanks to the Maine State Trooper who drove by us numerous times but did not stop to ask if we needed help. The waving of my arms were just a friendly hello from another state and not me asking for help. He even parked in the parking lot and watched us for awhile. Offering no help. We in the truck with no water or food in the very hot truck I should add. Special sarcastic thanks to the one guy who did stop after my mechanic got there from NH and offered to help us, of course it was also after my daughter got out of the truck with her huge boobs that Mr. Helpful couldn’t take his eyes off. Hmm if I had known it would have gotten me help soon I would have had her get out the truck earlier!! (Yes, that’s meant with sarcasm!)
I would also like to not thank the nice woman at the train station that I walked over to for not giving me change for a $5 so I could get us all drinks. It was very nice of you to refuse to help us out. You truly are a sweetheart.
I would also like to not thank the family of people who when we finally got to the beach and met a friendly seagull that allowed their young sons to run after the birds throwing mud at them. You know while we were feeding them assorted mussels and stuff. It really made our beach time that much more fun. And yes, I did say I hope the birds shit on your sons loud enough for you to hear because I meant it. I hope they shit on you too for raising such adorable caring boys.
But even with all that, you couldn’t dampen our spirits cause we had a blast at the beach. Thanks to my NH mechanic who drove to Wells Maine and put in new a oil filter and reloaded me with oil! You ROCK KK!!!!! I’d also like to thank my husband for being worried from a distance and being worried about us rather than his truck. Yet another reason why I love you so much. A big thank you to the landscaper who broke out his change and dollars to come up with $5 so I could get us drinks. Truly appreciated by a very thirsty family. Thanks to the sun for staying out when we finally got to hit the beach. Thanks to the crabs for letting my kids catch you under the bridge at Ogunquit beach. Thanks to the nice people at Ogunquit beach for being helpful with towels and helping me find a sweatshirt my daughter would love. Im glad vacations come but once a year…..
So we get up around 9′ish and head out the door shortly after 10 AM. We arrived in Wells Maine around 11:30′ish or so in a cloud of black smoke and spewing oil. Yes, a cloud of black smoke and oil spewing out the back end of the Pathfinder and up over the back window. The thick black smoke was also inside the truck, but luckily many helpful drivers pointed to us and yelled your cars over heating. First of all, ya group of fucking morons, it’s a TRUCK or an SUV not a car. Second of all, when a truck or car over heats it does not spew out black smoke and oil. It spews out white smoke and water, anti-freeze/coolant. But not thanks so much for pointing and telling me my car is smoking but not offering any help.
I would also like to not thank all the people who saw us in the parking lot with our hood open, you know the universal sign of we’re in deep trouble, and did not ask if we needed any assistance. I’d especially like to extend my not thanks to the Maine State Trooper who drove by us numerous times but did not stop to ask if we needed help. The waving of my arms were just a friendly hello from another state and not me asking for help. He even parked in the parking lot and watched us for awhile. Offering no help. We in the truck with no water or food in the very hot truck I should add. Special sarcastic thanks to the one guy who did stop after my mechanic got there from NH and offered to help us, of course it was also after my daughter got out of the truck with her huge boobs that Mr. Helpful couldn’t take his eyes off. Hmm if I had known it would have gotten me help soon I would have had her get out the truck earlier!! (Yes, that’s meant with sarcasm!)
I would also like to not thank the nice woman at the train station that I walked over to for not giving me change for a $5 so I could get us all drinks. It was very nice of you to refuse to help us out. You truly are a sweetheart.
I would also like to not thank the family of people who when we finally got to the beach and met a friendly seagull that allowed their young sons to run after the birds throwing mud at them. You know while we were feeding them assorted mussels and stuff. It really made our beach time that much more fun. And yes, I did say I hope the birds shit on your sons loud enough for you to hear because I meant it. I hope they shit on you too for raising such adorable caring boys.
But even with all that, you couldn’t dampen our spirits cause we had a blast at the beach. Thanks to my NH mechanic who drove to Wells Maine and put in new a oil filter and reloaded me with oil! You ROCK KK!!!!! I’d also like to thank my husband for being worried from a distance and being worried about us rather than his truck. Yet another reason why I love you so much. A big thank you to the landscaper who broke out his change and dollars to come up with $5 so I could get us drinks. Truly appreciated by a very thirsty family. Thanks to the sun for staying out when we finally got to hit the beach. Thanks to the crabs for letting my kids catch you under the bridge at Ogunquit beach. Thanks to the nice people at Ogunquit beach for being helpful with towels and helping me find a sweatshirt my daughter would love. Im glad vacations come but once a year…..
Comments