I have brillant children
My princess comes in to our room and asks, “what’s the date today?”We say the 16th.She says “What? “We say much louder, the 16th!!She replies, “okay thanks” and starts to leave the room, turns back and says “by the way, that’s July right?”Oh yeah, the pride that swells out from me is just unimaginable. This child is nothing if not a constant source of joy, and possibly laughter.
The boy comes in, “Hey Mom got $20?”No.“Well I need a new game”Yeah because the 700 you currently own aren’t enough.“NO seriously Mom, I have to get this game to play with this kid online.”Did you clean your room?“No. If I do can I have $20?”No but you can have a nice clean room.“Hahaha you’re really funny Mom, so can I have the $20?”What game is it?“I’ll know when I get to the store.”But you have to have it and this kid is waiting for you online to play it but you don’t even know the name of it.“I’ll know it when I get to the store.”Yeah that would be a big fat no.Luckily he does well enough in school that he’ll probably move out some day.
The boy comes in, “Hey Mom got $20?”No.“Well I need a new game”Yeah because the 700 you currently own aren’t enough.“NO seriously Mom, I have to get this game to play with this kid online.”Did you clean your room?“No. If I do can I have $20?”No but you can have a nice clean room.“Hahaha you’re really funny Mom, so can I have the $20?”What game is it?“I’ll know when I get to the store.”But you have to have it and this kid is waiting for you online to play it but you don’t even know the name of it.“I’ll know it when I get to the store.”Yeah that would be a big fat no.Luckily he does well enough in school that he’ll probably move out some day.