No bathroom Nana
Talking on Twitter with Astrogirl today I realized I have not peed alone since 1989, when my daughter was born. Seems that the family needs me most as my pants hit my feet and my butt hits the seat. Suddenly I am the most fascinating, interesting person alive. I know all the answers to the worlds problems and can solve them all while peeing. This ladies and gentlemen takes talent. It's almost exactly like the phone. Your children will be no where near you but as soon as that phone touches your ear, suddenly you are fascinating.
My children are now 21 and 19 and I've been thinking other than occasional cat visit, for the most part I can pee alone. I mean they bring me the phone, ask questions through the door and call out to me still but they're not in the room anymore. Then along came the grandchild. Miss Lana-Rose finds Nana interesting and fascinating in the following circumstances, whenever I am on the phone, whenever I am talking to someone else, whenever I am on the toilet. My attention is instantly required, usually a matter of life and death. I mean who else can draw trees while sitting on the toilet? Who else can carry on two conversations at once while jumping up and down and rolling their hands? Why a Nana of course! Who else can sing along to Blue's Clues while paying bills online and giving Mommy a ten minute break to shower? Why Nana of course.
So while I thought going pee alone was the thing I looked forward to most when my kids grew up, I realize, as nice as it is, having a grandchild is so much better!
My children are now 21 and 19 and I've been thinking other than occasional cat visit, for the most part I can pee alone. I mean they bring me the phone, ask questions through the door and call out to me still but they're not in the room anymore. Then along came the grandchild. Miss Lana-Rose finds Nana interesting and fascinating in the following circumstances, whenever I am on the phone, whenever I am talking to someone else, whenever I am on the toilet. My attention is instantly required, usually a matter of life and death. I mean who else can draw trees while sitting on the toilet? Who else can carry on two conversations at once while jumping up and down and rolling their hands? Why a Nana of course! Who else can sing along to Blue's Clues while paying bills online and giving Mommy a ten minute break to shower? Why Nana of course.
So while I thought going pee alone was the thing I looked forward to most when my kids grew up, I realize, as nice as it is, having a grandchild is so much better!
Comments