The patriarchal plan..

Where do I start. I think it's all part of the plan, by the man, the patriarchal plan per say. What you say? But you're married and if that isn't the biggest part of of the patriarchal plan, then what could be worse? To me, the worse part is the bullshit going on around my house with various bills. Okay so, we have Verizon wireless, the plan is in my name. We have five phones, one for each of us because two for each of us is just ridiculous. When there is a question regarding the bill, they call my husbands phone or text my husbands phone. My phone is set at the default phone. My name is the only one on the account. So how exactly is it that Verizon deems it okay to call a secondary number for billing and service questions??! Then we have the bank. The bank account was originally in my name, I added my husband to it a few years ago. Mine first, then he joined along with me. But, everything comes in his name. If there's a new product or service the bank is offering, it comes to him. This pisses me off. It was originally my bank account, my name is first on the checks, why is it now, that his name is on there, the suddenly he's the primary and I'm the chick attached? Am I being over sensitive? I don't think so.

This is the straw that broke the camels back.  We have a car, in which I am the primary owner and he is the secondary and a truck in which I am the primary owner and he's not anywhere on the damn thing but yet for some reason, the insurance, which I arranged in my name with him listed secondary comes in his name first with my name misspelled second. MISSPELLED!!! I have called them a few times regarding the name needing to be fixed because it's not necessarily misspelled so much as a completely different name. It's not my fucking name. I don't know who this person is and why she's listed on my truck of which I am the only freaking owner of, okay along with the bank that has a lien on it. My name is correct on my license, my registration and all paperwork regarding said truck. Whenever I sent paperwork to the insurance company, I send it with the correct name.  But for some unknown reason, my name is incorrect on the insurance.  I want to yell at my husband for all of this but really, it's not his fault. He didn't ask them to do this. I know by the way I react he'd prefer they not do stupid things like this but still it happens.

Does anyone else out there have this frustration? I am the primary bill payer but for some reason, they all fall down before him. ARGH!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hug?
Emsxiety said…
Thanks. Rob keeps apologizing.

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..