I don't know what to say...

I missed an entire explosion on the web last October involving a blogger I read frequently. In fact, it was the first blog I had ever bought anything from and remains the only blog I have ever bought anything from. I was wondering why he disappeared but didn't think to research it. I'm glad I didn't and wish I hadn't. But tonight I read something on another blog that referred to him and I decided it was time to search and find out what the hell happened.

The male blogger (Dad Gone Mad)  was called out on behavior that is deplorable. I have no problem with that and am glad someone spoke up. I do however take issues with not naming names and other people just throwing a large number of male bloggers under, how do I put this,  a dark cloud of suspicion. It is not fair to the large majority of male bloggers who really are good guys. Who do not do deplorable things to Mommy Bloggers or woman bloggers of any kind, never mind to other male bloggers. I understand the statement that she did not want to hurt his family or his wife, but how many other male bloggers families were hurt by the cloud of suspicion cast upon them. How many male bloggers were looked at differently by a large community of bloggers because the one person who was inappropriate wasn't named? I can't say she handled it wrong, because she handled it in the way best for her. That's what counts. Kudos to her for speaking out for the 20 some odd other Mommy bloggers that couldn't or wouldn't. But how sad for male bloggers named under the comments following that post that had nothing to do with any of it. No matter how things are handled, there is always someone like me coming up late for the party saying shoulda, woulda, coulda. For that I apologize. To the good male bloggers out there, thank you for being the men that you are and keep on keeping on dudes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..