Twenty-Two, a nice number

I came home from a long day at work and by long I don't just mean the hours and there he was waiting for me. He was all sprawled out on the bed with the covers over him and a chick flick on the television. I changed quickly in to my home uniform, sweats cut in to shorts and a tee shirt and jumped up on the bed to join him. I'm not kidding about the jumping on the bed thingy either. I literally have to run and jump to get into bed. He pulled back the covers and made room for me smiling. I laid my head on his chest, he wrapped his arm around me and it was all right again. Everything was all right. There was no other place in the world I'd rather have been.

We chatted about my day and then chatted about his. We watched the movie on and off while we chatted, teased and joked. We snuggled in while it rained outside, the cool air blowing in the window. This week marks 22 years we have been together. I remember the first time I saw him, still to this day. He was handsome in a baby faced sort of way. Not my usual type by any means. He was calm and reserved. He had beautiful hands, long smooth fingers, and the most amazing green eyes I had ever seen. He was different in a good way. We got engaged that night, with toy rings like you'd get from the penny bubblegum machines. With their green, red and yellow stones. He gave me every last ring that was there. I had all the colors of the rainbow and he had my heart. Funny how that works.

In 22 years our lives have not been perfect. We have both made mistakes, said things that can't be taken back and not always been the kindest to each other. But we have always loved each other. Always. There is no one I would rather share my days with.

On a side note: He, he did agree that if Eric the Vampire shows up to get me, he has to let me go, it's in the fine print of our marriage certificate. I'm no fool!

Comments

Mr. Mr said…
Thats awesome, congrats.
Vered said…
Beautiful. You always write so well about your relationship - the security it gives you. Congratulations.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat